The New Retail Thread

LOL the rude guy. He is quite the guy. I've seen him have some pretty wild interactions with customers.

Roche Brothers is taking the ground floor at One Broadway in Kendall.

(Globe)

RB-12.13.17.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like this one is going to be a Brothers Marketplace concept, there are two of them currently in Medfield and Weston.

They are similar to the Roche Bros in downtown crossing with a bit of a more Whole Foods-esk feel, if that makes sense.

Anyone aware of what retail may be coming to the redeveloped south huntington corridor, serenity and the building at the corner of route 9a and s. huntington both have two spaces for retail and no action as far as anyone leasing.

Anyone aware of what retail may be coming to the redeveloped south huntington corridor, serenity and the building at the corner of route 9a and s. huntington both have two spaces for retail and no action as far as anyone leasing.

35 S Huntington seems to position their retail space as restaurant space in their filing documents with the city, which makes sense given the placement of Wok N' Talk next door. I'd kill for a cafe there, to be honest.

Not sure about Serenity. To be honest, their space feels kind of awkwardly sited to me.

Looks like this one is going to be a Brothers Marketplace concept, there are two of them currently in Medfield and Weston.

They are similar to the Roche Bros in downtown crossing with a bit of a more Whole Foods-esk feel, if that makes sense.

Not sure how I missed this.
Mixed feelings.

Personally don't like Roche Bros, and consider them overpriced to begin with, and this sounds like a more expensive boutique version thereof.

However, this seems like the right type of neighborhood for that...

So yay/boo!!

The new Hopsters in the Seaport is planning their opening today, even with the snow storm.

They seem really excited about the heated seats. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get it. If the building is heated, why the need for the heated seats? It's not like getting into a car that has been sitting in freezing temperatures. Regardless, this seems like a nice addition for the seaport.

Have you ever attended a movie with someone over the age of 50? Those folks can get cold regardless of the temperature (inside or outside)! I am continuously amazed by people who get cold regardless of how well buildings are heated. And that's true with air conditioning in the warmer months too. I suspect the heated seats will get quite a bit of use.

Have you ever attended a movie with someone over the age of 50? Those folks can get cold regardless of the temperature (inside or outside)! I am continuously amazed by people who get cold regardless of how well buildings are heated. And that's true with air conditioning in the warmer months too. I suspect the heated seats will get quite a bit of use.

FYI - The theater is now in its 'soft opening' phase since last week, meaning that they are open to public, but not all 10 theaters are active all at once yet. I'm assuming this is being done to bring the staff along through training and to address any technical issues. They are also going to slowly incorporate the latest box office openings into the schedule.

Anyways, as a development, it's a nice addition to the area and is a comfortable theater - good seats, sound, and screens. Perhaps the decor is still a bit sparse (likely addressed as time goes on). The best part is that it is geared towards adults as described in the WBUR article.

January 18th is what I heard for a “certain” opening date. I use the quotes because this was originally to open in May. Then September. Then a very vague “fall,” then December, and now January 18th. So we will see. But that looks promising.

Front right corner, to the left of Acetuina. Kind of a sloped space. Also a small split space next to Blue Mercury I believe.

Tasty Burger at North Station (Avalon) opened this week. Finally.

Back