The New Retail Thread

This joins the Micro Plant Studio as the oddest new addition to Southie retail:

Southie now has a new hydration lounge located on A Street! Offering everything from IV hydration,to specialized services including Botox, dermal fillers, and chemical peels, I.V. League Hydration is here to help you feel as good as new!

I.V. League Hydration also offers concierge service where they come directly to you and provide a wide variety of IV hydration & vitamin treatments depending on your needs. They can treat anything from a hangover to cold and flu symptoms to jet lag! Or maybe you just really want to look refreshed and well-rested. Who doesn’t?

So what exactly is IV hydration? It’s a saline mixture that’s administered right into your veins through a needle by a registered nurse. I.V. League therapy quickly delivers hydration, nutrients and electrolytes directly to your bloodstream. The health benefits take effect as soon as your drip begins! Hydration services pricing begin at $125. IV League also features B12 shots for $25.

Corner of A & 4th:

ruUniNvTPlo3igswFb7mhNkMItKmJEbkEYMO5s2vAn-JhNd5XUJ5iafqYWpiOJRPdjiVAcJJCS0p9xKOBlipFWU-pn3afhBAsKj-qsatA-JrRuABvqwBd2RaUFbHaTWRJ-uzRUc_0SA0OlnEgVNM8gRS3EOI5xvzaymTUK4HxgxDwoosdCP-g8yT_dmsBN7Ca2pVV6-aa0k61cqgljQU924EWddpmMCoNuEJHZknRNUH53iPUovCeVzNjpFJT7z0-7BcC40gkBQYRyf-qQgJ78O6YUIOcdXhUiGfX2kXv3893pKpBeInY5hOAgxTT54HkdQsBdI5n6eL-jMmJjPE15J_yTZwXl0VtaQl6YNVYT6T1u6fy6FaZtB4ydsGcM8z7jwLAVud1DoIhZgZm0wlkxolMLPk5EMi8IiWDmNBWyMLJuLueUe_oYqlPtc9TwDa-duA-gyMkGCv3KO7mTUmCPKI0A67nol5Rc3v_Z0cOc5VgZcpk3-sEvBJY7UDgtMuF43FZ15M7BPW3r9cw8Np4RFNJ3uWxuiBqDLT0t-p1UYS4fHQqIrRBYQSc4RSU7gkIeu7xjj8e7g32abAw1mjDhlY8AVPLTOhBWtwqlwK_6qcR_9p5xeNldjb-L2Gce7TPIfeH0VXHlRLvqo5zSAAsVxsUQ=w1250-h937-no

From Whiskey Priest thread:

Beacon Hill Pub is currently shuttered... they CLAIM its going to reopen but I'm not holding my breath. Same goes with Sullivans Tap- that just "temporarily" closed but I have my doubts. Them and the Tam are all owned by the same new owners who I now believe to be the devil himself.

The Tam's license officially switches to the new owners today.

Appear that Sam Adams Tasting Room is finally getting going in Faneuil where Houston's/Hillstone was.

What is going in where Bath & Body Works was in DTX in Corner Mall? It's boarded up as of the other day....

It's becoming a Chase Bank, just one of dozens and dozens coming to Metro Boston:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2018/10/01/jpmorgan-chase-unveils-branch-expansion-plans-boston/BhQhRbVZny9UvXruP6IfUO/story.html

I have no particular fondness or interest in Chase, but, merely for their own sake, I hope they don't go the route of the last big-time Manhattan bank that attempted to break into the metro Boston market.

Because that was just flat-out pathetic and embarrasing.

The Tam is now closed.

Edit - I then googled this, looks like some $ group bought BHP, Tam, Maryanne's in July, and said they plan no changes... and that BHP's closing is temporary, so I will be sanguine that the same is true to the Tam.

IMO it's a sign they waited until the liquor license switched over (according to Coyote137). They bought the Tam months ago, they could've shut for renovations a while ago I would think. Seems like they may sell the liquor licenses and redevelop here. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit - I then googled this, looks like some $ group bought BHP, Tam, Maryanne's in July, and said they plan no changes... and that BHP's closing is temporary, so I will be sanguine that the same is true to the Tam.

Don’t get me started on this shit. I knew every staffer in there. The new owners didn’t tell anybody anything, and their claim of not changing things is already proven false (again, don’t get me started, I’m not going into details tonight). I’m not as pessimistic as a lot of the regulars, but these people need to demonstrate some good faith here, and quickly.

Some good news. Amelia's is opening a 4th location on the corner of mass and bolyston. Former spot of zest. Talked to the manager of a different location and they said they are opening sometime in January. Sings are already up

I hate to raise the alarm, but the bar situation in central Boston is in such crises that the city is now at least at the Defcon 2 level. I blame the cost of liquor licenses in Boston; the whole city center drinking scene has become some sort of vaguely corporate swanky utopia. For a city of Boston size there should be more options for everyone and all types. The upscale places do fill a need, but it's a shame to see almost all the lived in easy going taverns go extinct.

I hate to raise the alarm, but the bar situation in central Boston is in such crises that the city is now at least at the Defcon 2 level. I blame the cost of liquor licenses in Boston; the whole city center drinking scene has become some sort of vaguely corporate swanky utopia. For a city of Boston size there should be more options for everyone and all types. The upscale places do fill a need, but it's a shame to see almost all the lived in easy going taverns go extinct.

So dead on with this and well said. It's really despicable - the money and demand for watering holes in the city has increased exponentially for years while the city and state have done next to nothing to address this. Almost all the old neighborhood bars in most of the outlying neighborhoods have gone extinct, and the ones that remain are slowly turning into Disneyland versions of themselves with people seeking them out for some sort of "authentic" experience. It's been sickening to watch. The liquor licenses that finally got approved a few years ago are way too little, too late... it's simply financially infeasible to open a new, "normal" bar that doesn't serve dollar oysters, fusion cuisine or hundreds of craft beers.

Shredded at 246 West Broadway has closed. Also, there was a place called Shredded at 246 West Broadway, FYI.

In somewhat related news, there's a new restaurant/bar review site in town: The Infatuation, which I used to use a little bit when I lived in NYC (it's been there for a while). They're just getting going, but they really like Bukowski's (8.0 out of 10), so it's encouraging to see them throwing some love at some more traditional bars.

Count me as not a fan of bukowskis- dive bar feel with upscale prices.

I used to like JM Curleys quite a bit as well but I recently went in there and they're charging $15 a cocktail and $9 for a 12oz can of beer. No thanks JM

Count me as not a fan of bukowskis- dive bar feel with upscale prices.

I used to like JM Curleys quite a bit as well but I recently went in there and they're charging $15 a cocktail and $9 for a 12oz can of beer. No thanks JM

Agreed on both places. Way too expensive.

Rumors are circulating that the Tam may reopen under the new owners within 1 - 2 weeks.

Back