The Orange Line Thread

It's not, and that was planned for. It's a partial opening while they get it finalized.

I hope it means they have accounted and will fix the platforms collecting rain water.

That, unfortunately, looks like a fuck up and not a half finished job.

Definitely. Now it's just damage control and attempting sloppy patching to try to fix the uneven slab. There's absolutely no way to install floor drains at this point without ripping up the whole slab.

Definitely. Now it's just damage control and attempting sloppy patching to try to fix the uneven slab. There's absolutely no way to install floor drains at this point without ripping up the whole slab.

I'd say the problem with the slab is that it is too even..."indoor office floor" even, so that it gets what amounts to a sheeting of water, mostly 1/4 inch thick.

But isn't the platform basically hollow? I'm thinking one option would be to saw/bore holes in the slab and connect them to pipes fitted in the hollow space underneath, even if it just dumped the water trackside (it isn't that much water, after all...just a sheet, any more, and it actually flows off, and mostly less because it *is* covered.)

I would just LOVE to see Boston get articulated trains for the Red & Orange Lines!! It would be a FIRST for here!!! Much like the concept of the articulated Type 7, Type 8 & the planned forthcoming Type 9 trolleys on the Green Line!!

Let's see; One articulated car the length of 2 cars.

Three of them together would equal the length of the existing 6-car trains to serve the long platforms!! That would definitely be something to behold!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Eh...I'd let somebody else be the pioneer deploying those in the U.S. The T fares...poorly...with new designs. Very, very poorly.

Visited my grandparents in Romania a few weeks ago and even Bucharest has articulated trains now... they're quite nice.

Back