The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Look, I agree. For all intensive purposes, it really is a Doggy dog world. Irregardless, I could care less.

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Look, I agree. For all intensive purposes, it really is a Doggy dog world. Irregardless, I could care less.

This is the worst sentence. Thanks for the laugh.

I have zero taller ants when it comes to people taking something very valuable for granite.

I have zero taller ants when it comes to people taking something very valuable for granite.

Let me fix that for you:

I have ZERO taller ants when it comes to -- PEOPLE -- taking something VERY valuable for GRANITE.

Typical Winchester comment. I doubt you would be saying that if CVS came storming back into town.

Since you keep bringing up the CVS thing, I will admit that most people in town are puzzled by why any abutters have a problem with it. There is a decrepit abandoned plaza there now that is a total eyesore. And I seriously doubt that a Mega CVS at this location is going tto cause significantly more traffic. The Harbor Tower residents are YIMBYS compared the folks who oppose the Mega CVS.

Since you keep bringing up the CVS thing, I will admit that most people in town are puzzled by why any abutters have a problem with it. There is a decrepit abandoned plaza there now that is a total eyesore. And I seriously doubt that a Mega CVS at this location is going tto cause significantly more traffic. The Harbor Tower residents are YIMBYS compared the folks who oppose the Mega CVS.

My friend was telling me about the story about a Mega CVS coming into Winchester with a 2nd location near a residential neighborhood which the NIMBYS went bat shit nuts and claimed they have some historical housing up and around the areas.
The NIMBYS deemed Winchester as a unique town not some corporate shitshow. I could see that--Winchester is a beautiful suburban town. Winchester center is very nice.

I don't blame the Harbor Towers residents for fighting off this development. I would too. But I believe at some point city officials are going to deem Harbor Garage as an absolute disgrace not being developed and will beg somebody to develop to finally take this out. In the public best interest connected the Greenway to the waterfront creating activity for everybody since its location would be accessible to everybody the developer proposal nails it..

I don't even know you anymore....

I understand when something affects your environment which leads to drastic change. I understand why the group is being so fierce.
I'm not saying its right---

For the public both WhiskeyPriest/Atlantic BeerGardens and harbor Garage should be developed for the best interest of the public at this point.

And what Amos is doing is everything that is wrong with our society today. Hopefully the IRS and the FBI start reviewing state, local emails that were involved in this scenario.

I understand when something affects your environment which leads to drastic change. I understand why the group is being so fierce.
I'm not saying its right---

For the public both WhiskeyPriest/Atlantic BeerGardens and harbor Garage should be developed for the best interest of the public at this point.

And what Amos is doing is everything that is wrong with our society today. Hopefully the IRS and the FBI start reviewing state, local emails that were involved in this scenario.

Your ignorance is almost boundless. You know nothing about the tax code, you know nothing about the law, you know nothing about the Constitution. And the 'public' is not who you choose to define the public to be.

Amen.

Your ignorance is almost boundless. You know nothing about the tax code, you know nothing about the law, you know nothing about the Constitution. And the 'public' is not who you choose to define the public to be.

Must have hit a nerve. Yeah your right I'm clueless.
Not one person on this site would understand the Federal and State tax codes. There are more regulations and tax laws than words in the entire bible.
The IRS alone should be abolished since it costs 11.7 Billion dollars a year to collect taxes on the average American citizen.
Why not just tax goods & services at 25% across the board which would be based on consumption.

But for Billionaires like Amos he doesn't have to pay a fucking penny. Who do you think created the IRS it wasn't the majority of the public that thought the IRS was a good idea.

Then you have AMOS using Non-profit money to buy & persuade politicians with money that should be paid in taxes. Yeah this is great system only benefits the billionaires. FOR WHAT TO STOP AN ABOVE GARAGE FROM BEING BUILT and knocking down Whiskey Priest?

That's ignorance not paying taxes then using that so called non-profit money to buy politicians influences to game the economic system against others.

Why do you even respond.

Last edited:

*you're

Why not just tax goods & services at 25% across the board which would based on consumption.

A consumption tax is regressive. Poor people and much of the middle class have to spend essentially every dollar they make in order to go about their day to day lives. Richer people could sit on most of their money and still live extremely well, while not paying any taxes on an accumulation of wealth!

Here is a simplified example:

Person A makes $30,000 a year and spends every penny to live, thus having an effective tax rate of 25%.

Person B makes $10 million a year and only spends $1 million (at the 25% consumption tax) while investing the rest, thus having an effective tax rate of only 2.5%.

I'm sure the richest people in this country would love your proposal. Let's help them out some more why don't we?

Must have hit a nerve. Yeah your right I'm clueless.
Not one person on this site would understand the Federal and State tax codes. There are more regulations and tax laws than words in the entire bible.
The IRS alone should be abolished since it costs 11.7 Billion dollars a year to collect taxes on the average American citizen.
Why not just tax goods & services at 25% across the board which would be based on consumption.

But for Billionaires like Amos he doesn't have to pay a fucking penny. Who do you think created the IRS it wasn't the majority of the public that thought the IRS was a good idea.

Then you have AMOS using Non-profit money to buy & persuade politicians with money that should be paid in taxes. Yeah this is great system only benefits the billionaires. FOR WHAT TO STOP AN ABOVE GARAGE FROM BEING BUILT and knocking down Whiskey Priest?

That's ignorance not paying taxes then using that so called non-profit money to game the economic system against others.

Why do you even respond.

Not true, I understand the Tax code in extremely in depth, more than I would like to. Believe me if there would a pure consumption tax, there would be the same arguments against the rich. "Why does Amos pay the same 25% that Joe making $50k per year does!!!". As much as it costs to run the IRS, the are understaffed (and mismanaged) and do not have the proper enforcement wing to crack down on things like this.

Figure out what is the best tax code to support this country everyday expenses is not for this thread or website. The people in office have no fucking clue what is best for this country. America's finances----speak for themselves

Rifleman, can you read this?
Госпла́н

Ha. Makes me think of that giant nail cartoon from Krokodil.

Cutting Federal revenue by probably 80% while somehow raising taxes on the poor and lower middle class sounds like a FANTASTIC idea.

Rifleman for president (of Russia).

Oh no. The political dumpster fire has been lit again. Guys, rifles political arguments lack the cohesion to even have any discussion about it, he's all over the place. Don't take the bait.

The idea that all non-profits aren't taxed isn't true though. I have no idea about the organization in question, but non-profit does not directly equate to tax exempt.

nonprofit-vs-tax-exempt-1.jpg

Back