The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

^ Good stuff. But still no views of how the "Back of House / Support" section interacts with the street. I can't help but think that this omission is deliberate.

There appear to be a whole bunch of hurdles (above the Chapter 91 non-compliance) that this one is going to have to clear before becoming a reality. As I read these documents:

- The developer doesn't actually control all of the land that the building is proposed to sit on. The tower has a bigger footprint than the existing buildings, so it'll have to creep a bit onto Massport and Boston property.
- There's no parking.
- There's a significant cantilever over the public sidewalk.

I wish this thing luck in the approval process. It's going to need it.

Getting an easement on Massport's rights will be their issue. I certainly can't see why the cantilever or City easement should be major holdups. This building is a huge public benefit simply by existing, especially given the BRA's stated encouragement of iconic structures and the participation of favorite kids Elkus Manfredi.

And yes, they did tactfully hide the garage doors in the render, but we worked through that when the building was first proposed. They don't really have a choice about those.

Re: Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

^ Good stuff. But still no views of how the "Back of House / Support" section interacts with the street. I can't help but think that this omission is deliberate.

I think that's more or less shown in this photo:

150 Seaport Blvd_7 by Derek Shooster, on Flickr

And also there was this ground floor plan in the file:

150 Seaport Blvd_12 by Derek Shooster, on Flickr

It looks like it'll just be public art facing the pedestrian walk, and maybe ~30 feet of wall or window facing Seaport Blvd.

^

The loading dock doors are on the slanted wall between that render and the one from the eastern angle. Both renders were cropped very intentionally to omit them.

I wish that every new development proposal had the architectural beauty of this building. I hope this gets approved and built asap.

^^^ Right, they show the floor plan and the interaction with the western side of the lot. But they don't show the interaction with the street.

I expect that it'll be a big, honking, loading dock garage door (or maybe two).

Don't get me wrong, I still love this project. I'm just a little irked that they're deliberately only showing us their Myspace angles.

^^^ Right, they show the floor plan and the interaction with the western side of the lot. But they don't show the interaction with the street.

I expect that it'll be a big, honking, loading dock garage door (or maybe two).

Don't get me wrong, I still love this project. I'm just a little irked that they're deliberately only showing us their Myspace angles.

You don't have to wonder... they're on Page 1.

CWwb0NkUwAA2T2P.jpg:large

CWwb0SrUEAEcead.jpg:large

Compared to the amount of wasted/"back of house" space Whiskey Priest and Atlantic Beer Garden have facing Seaport Blvd. now, I think the "big, honking, loading dock garage door (or maybe two)" will still be a vast improvement over the current state. Frankly, I'm more concerned that there's only one stairwell shown on the site plan. #safetyfirst

Also, how about that 26 feet of additional Harborwalk decking proposed?! Imagine how nice it would be if the WTC pier received the same treatment.

No one ever posts the plans... :p

M4rVLZJ.png

hdNIs56.png

Edit: I see they were posted in a subsequent post while I was extracting them.

I wonder what life would be like in a Boston that actually resembled all these renderings. Everyone drives gorgeous cars; is slim, attractive, wealthy, and happy; and the sun is always shining—except when it's a delicate rain highlighting some strobe lighting effects.

...you mean, just like Lexington but with more traffic lights?

There appear to be a whole bunch of hurdles (above the Chapter 91 non-compliance) that this one is going to have to clear before becoming a reality....

- There's a significant cantilever over the public sidewalk.

Can anyone provide insight into when/why buildings are allowed to cantilever over sidewalks? I noticed recently that a new development on West First Street in Southie hangs over the sidewalk nearly to the curb line.

I wonder what life would be like in a Boston that actually resembled all these renderings. Everyone drives gorgeous cars; is slim, attractive, wealthy, and happy; and the sun is always shining—except when it's a delicate rain highlighting some strobe lighting effects.

kjdonova -- you forgot that all of the "Children are Above Average" as in Lake Wobegon in "Prairie Home Companion"

Nice update!

Love that view towards downtown.

Got to get that permitted and built before everyone moves into Seaport M1 and complains about their ocean views being wrecked! :D

Gorgeous.

Could be the best looking building in the Seaport. We need more like this!

Could be the best looking building in the Seaport. We need more like this!

Seriously. Although maybe we don't need more like this just so unique buildings can stand out better.

Back