The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

When I look at those close up shots it appears to be protective tape partially covering white framing. I think we're going to be stuck with it, a surprising blemish on what's so far otherwise a stunning building.

Ah, I see now. I couldn’t really tell when I originally saw the post on my phone but get what you’re saying now. Bummer.

86B271B5-FDE6-4B86-8825-C5C6DE75B671.jpeg
2240418E-1173-40E4-9C67-5DC905F73FAD.jpeg
E55A9C56-FDEB-4D70-B529-2E0A9072DD10.jpeg

The length of this project's construction is unbelievable. How many 22** (or so) story buildings can anyone think of that have a construction window as long as this? The complexity of all aspects of this project have been seemingly more significant than most.

I'm not criticizing and understand why, but it's really amazing.

IMG_8460 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8461 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8469 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8474 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8470 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8478 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8479 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8481 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8482 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8484 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8486 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8489 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8487 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8555 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_8563 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

The St Regis, along with 1 Congress, are far exceeding my expectations. They are both significant additions to the Boston skyline scape.

nothing in the seaport really impacts "the skyline," individually. there's a uniform 260-foot high blob where there used to be nothing, but (other than some lit-up signage at night) from afar, nothing has the ability to stick out.

nothing in the seaport really impacts "the skyline," individually. there's a uniform 260-foot high blob where there used to be nothing, but (other than some lit-up signage at night) from afar, nothing has the ability to stick out.
True but there are some notable standouts (such as this will be) from Logan, so for visitors first arriving it definitely adds to the cityscape and kinda visually lengthens the city east-west.

Glass on this is really cool. Went for a walk down there and depending on angle it is aquamarine or very blue. Neat.

Who cares if it's a plateau? Seriously... the people obsessed with what photographers and tourists see for 2 min on their way out of Logan are nuts.

An interesting question related to complexity and length of time to build - which one of these buildings is the best investment in terms of resale value. Is it this one? Potentially…two things I’m not sure of are parking and HOA fees. Echelon has only valet parking which is a turn off. For the money I would want my own exclusive spot. Additionally this building probably will have the highest fees in the neighborhood.

Glass on this is really cool. Went for a walk down there and depending on angle it is aquamarine or very blue. Neat.

Who cares if it's a plateau? Seriously... the people obsessed with what photographers and tourists see for 2 min on their way out of Logan are nuts.

I agree. The experience of people reacting from within a city are more important to me than that of folks who are far away with binoculars. A city from afar is only a cool idea. It isn't felt. A city at street level is a living thing. Boston's dynamic is so much better than Dubai's, Houston's or Tulsa's, but they make for awesome coffee table books.

Kinda missing the/my point. The comment I reacted to was remarking how st Regis would impact Boston’s “skyline” - which it won’t/can’t due to FAA restrictions. I wasn’t editorializing about the seaport’s buzzcut or advocating for more height or anything else.

Kinda missing the/my point. The comment I reacted to was remarking how st Regis would impact Boston’s “skyline” - which it won’t/can’t due to FAA restrictions. I wasn’t editorializing about the seaport’s buzzcut or advocating for more height or anything else.

I was actually just going to reply similarly. I agree with you about the "skyline." In fact, every photo I've seen from a skyline perspective makes the Seaport come across quite horribly if being honest. That said, I think the impact at the street level, arguably much more important, is coming out very well overall (obviously still a work in progress).

Edit: Just realized my post is similar to Shmessy's above. Oops.

Back