The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

3-5 years that’s optimistic! Try like 10-15-20.

It’s embarrassing should be 6 month yes or no process

You have nimby's in their 70's and 80's attending these meetings,

carrying on like crazed lunatics.

Is there a full effort going on here? I understood it was complicated early on and that took a while but seems like the last several months the epidiments had been cleared and still not much progress

The near zero forward velocity of this project is bordering on shocking.

If they're waiting for steel to fall back to prior market levels,

it will be a few months yet.

The wait is weighed against the already-forfeited parking....

China is steadfast in making their point and staying the course....

Rejoice China!!

You'll continue to pay dearly

and rejoin the real world sooner rather than later.

The near zero forward velocity of this project is bordering on shocking.

If they're waiting for steel to fall back to prior market levels,

it will be a few months yet.

The wait is weighed against the already-forfeited parking....

China is steadfast in making their point and staying the course....

Rejoice China!!

You'll continue to pay dearly

and rejoin the real world sooner rather than later.

What? If you're talking about Chinese steel we didn't import much from them in the first place.

Anyways, I'm sure if anything it's the labor shortages weighing on any projects in the region.

<<Anecdotal>>

Due to a sick dog I have passed this project a few times during mid-afternoon hours I normally would not: very little activity between 2pm and 4pm over the last several weeks.

Additionally, when biking home around 5:20, there were generally folks from different trades cleaning up their kit (prior to the core's inception). Today was the first time that I counted more than four (visible) folks on site at 5:25 in quite a while.

I drove by it tonight and there are a bunch of forms up surrounding the core, so it looks like it will be poured concrete floors. Surprising amount of visible progress since Beeline's recent pics.

Very common to use a trust to hold property you live in. Helps with estate planning and probate.

Very common to use a trust to hold property you live in. Helps with estate planning and probate.

Yes, Globe misses the boat suggesting that just because high end property is held in a trust or an LLC that means the owners are not local.

Very common for people who do not want their address known to the general public to use LLCs, and trusts are common for estate planning. Most of those could easily be local and we can never know. (That is part of the point.)

What? If you're talking about Chinese steel we didn't import much from them in the first place.

Anyways, I'm sure if anything it's the labor shortages weighing on any projects in the region.

Regarding labor shortages, Harvard (Turner) has gone to a second shift (3 PM - 11PM) for the Science and Engineering complex in Allston. I wonder whether that reflects a shortage of available labor in certain trades.

Back