The Victor | 110 Beverly Street | West End

Re: The Victor

^ Agreed. It's much too soon to write that street between Avenir and Victor off as a loss but the monotony of each facade adds up to an imposing vibe that'll require lots of trees and storefronts to overcome.

Unless the Victor has altered its original plans, you can count on that street remaining a loss, both aesthetically and urbanistically. Nothing but MBTA egress, loading docks and a parking garage the whole way down. There will be a small retail space at the corner of Valenti and Haverhill but the entrance will face Velenti. Haverhill St will be totally alleyfied.

Street is a loss?? This is urbanism.. If you want retail on the front side, you need loading docks. If you provide parking you need a parking entrance. And the mbta isn't going anywhere. Alleys are pretty normal, this one could be worse.

I would have liked it more if it were more of an alley. It's big enough that it looks like it should be more of an active street in terms of uses at the street level.

Too bad the Merano will block the view of the Zakim from the Greenway.

What's on the street level along Causeway? I am not sure what is on the street level anywhere with this project. I probably won't make it over there anytime soon. Anyone have specifics?

It's a big retail space with a patio at the Beverley St corner. Rumor mentioned up thread is that a Tavern in the Square is going somewhere in the building, and I'd guess it's going in there.

It's a big retail space with a patio at the Beverley St corner. Rumor mentioned up thread is that a Tavern in the Square is going somewhere in the building, and I'd guess it's going in there.

Thank you. That should be good for the area.

Beverly Street has been repaved and appears to be open. All of the concrete barriers have been removed. The sidewalk along the Victor side of Beverly is also open.

Curbed reported that this is only 10% leased.

Sorry for the cross post but what is the status of the third parcel - The Merano? Am I confused - is it under construction? The Victor isn't complete, right?

Sorry, I'm being forgetful.

Victor is just getting its interiors finished off. I think they're actually renting a few units already. No work being done of the ground floor commercial space, but the lobby to the rental units is up and running. Merano construction hasn't started.

This was emailed to me earlier today:

frStYt6.png

Victor is just getting its interiors finished off. I think they're actually renting a few units already. No work being done of the ground floor commercial space, but the lobby to the rental units is up and running. Merano construction hasn't started.

I just glanced at the developers Website. It says construction on the Merano is now scheduled to "commence' in "spring 2014."

Affordable housing opportunity in the Victor.

Go to http://www.victorlottery.com or call 617-209-5411 for more information, restrictions, and application instructions.

Available:

Studios *
$1,024

One Bedrooms **
$1,194

Two Bedrooms
$1,365

*1 Handicap accessible unit available, **1 Handicap Accessible unit available & 1 Hearing Impaired unit available.

Maximum Income Per Household Size

HH size

$46,250

$52,850

$59,450

$66,100

$71,350

$76,650

Back