Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Looks like they're taking their time with the excavation. I can only assume the weather and water infiltration has slowed them down?

Riff -- drop the weapon -- its fouling again

Do you even read your own posts before you hit Submit

"The state should sell and relocate the Federal Courthouse" -- which two entities are miss-associated -- who owns a Federal Courthouse?

What's the difference Federal, state, county. they are all a bunch of takers at this point.

What's the difference Federal, state, county. they are all a bunch of takers at this point.

How's that underground bunker coming, Buford?

^ That sampler is beautiful!!! I love that they tested a balcony condition.

Very excited for this building.

^^
+1

4pSyeCL.jpg

Damn you and your awesome photographs!

Keep up the great work.

In the foreground they're starting to build out a platform. Any idea what that is for?

CIMG3290 by timsox6, on Flickr

This is going to be an amazing building for the people who live there. As for the Silver Line:

"Has room for improvement" and "sucks" are two completely different things. And frankly, considering the red, orange and green lines are breaking down every other day and are woefully overcrowded, the silver line is currently one of the best lines on the system from an operational standpoint. Its a good thing your friend knows you well enough not to listen to you.

Yep, it runs very well. The problem isn't operational, it's that it really doesn't go anywhere except for the airport. I realize there are difficulties with turning it in to another Green Line branch (and connecting it with the central subway), but it can never be successful if it doesn't further penetrate the core city. Until this is answered, the Silver Line will only be an incomplete option.

It'd be an even more complete option if the commuter rail had earlier trains. There is a lot of need for the SL in getting to the airport, unfortunately it's not a realistic option for people outside the city unless their flight is after 7am.

The SL from SS out towards Logan is just fine (aside from the lack of stuff in between, but that is being solved quickly by the seaport developments.) The only thing that really sucks is the non-connectivity with the "other" SL. Until these are connected as a subway, it will remain that incomplete option above, as opposed to an actual integral part of the greater T network.

This is unfortunate because starting at SS, which I think has the best connected platforms of any shared station ( I might change my mind if I used North Station a few more times since the upgrades there), out to SLW, it's a really fine subway. Beyond that, we know about the weaknesses, so no need to rehash them.

Yikes. A local reporter just posted this pic of a sinkhole close to this worksite. I wonder if the two are related…

BijHQIMIAAIoQRy.jpg:large

That's the existing patio by the courthouse isn't it? Next to Fan Pier but not part of it?

Not good either way, but it doesn't look like it should be caused by the site next door. Settling of the backfill below? I don't think the bath tub next door would cause anymore water to infiltrate here, but I could be wrong.

There is a drain dead center in the sink hole, so perhaps there was a leak in the pipes

^^ Yes, it most definitely could have been caused by a leak in the plumbing -or- improperly sealing the edges of where the drain meets the surface, causing water to pool in the soil and create a cavity when it subsides.

One might think.....
always blaming the plumbers.....

I walk by this site on a weekly basis and it seems they've been having a lot of issues with water in the pit (which might be why it's taking so long to dig out). I even noticed the day before the sink hole caved in, water gushing in on the side closest to the sink hole. Whether it is a plumbing or drainage issue, I think this site is going to have some ongoing issues with water given that it is at sea level on the Boston Harbor.

When built, all parcels drain to a common storm pumping pit. Once the bathtub is in place fully, the site should be in good shape. Time will tell of course.

Fan Pier posted this on Facebook just now:
1072522_10152314958537482_2763849249075516464_o.jpg

Good pic of the slurry wall.

Back