Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Yea I was very happy when I saw it was not as tall as the vertex tower behind it. It always looks best when skylines on the water start small at the water and gradually get taller the farther back you go. The seaport is going to have a buzz cut no matter what, but at least if the buildings right on the water are smaller you wont be able to notice from the water. Does anybody know if the buildings farther back from the water fall under the same height limits or is the entire seaport under the same restrictions. You would think any building built behind the convention center could be taller than the ones right on the harbor.

master-siteplan-vanity-residences-1.jpg

k2IGuPk.png

Last edited:

Yea I was very happy when I saw it was not as tall as the vertex tower behind it. It always looks best when skylines on the water start small at the water and gradually get taller the farther back you go. The seaport is going to have a buzz cut no matter what, but at least if the buildings right on the water are smaller you wont be able to notice from the water. Does anybody know if the buildings farther back from the water fall under the same height limits or is the entire seaport under the same restrictions. You would think any building built behind the convention center could be taller than the ones right on the harbor.

i KNOW sICILIAN PROBABLY HAS ALL THIS STUFF OFFF THE top of his head, but I believe there are a couple lots allowed to be maybe 350 feet as part of the 100 acre plan. Much of that height is based on the tunnel below and the allowable/supportable height above it. The area as a whole is subject to FAA height restrictions that grow ever so slightly from the water in. Vertex B can probably be 2 feet taller than Vertex A (along those lines).

Anything beyond the BCEC is subject to zoning and agreements with the Southie residents I believe. Nothing tall beyond the BCEC was my understanding, and even part of why it tapers away from Summer Street.

New rendering on the right of 22 liberty. Whats interesting to me also is that building on the left that is not mentioned, is that a placeholder or also going to be the design for that building.

fanpierbuilding.jpg

earlier rendering, i Like the curved top better

Yay. Tremont on the Harbor.

Ooooh....is this a new rendering? I think this is a slight step down than the other one which showed a curved front.

No, it's an old rendering. It's from last January. You can see the date at the bottom of the image. They changed the design a few months later.

I have a friend who is going to buy a 2+ bedroom from this place. I keep trying to tell her that the silver line sucks, but all she cares about is the fast connection to the airport and the view.

Why would anybody prefer this place over hayward place, the new 625' tower in dtx, or that new building next to the Federal Reserve building?

I have a friend who is going to buy a 2+ bedroom from this place. I keep trying to tell her that the silver line sucks, but all she cares about is the fast connection to the airport and the view.

Why would anybody prefer this place over hayward place, the new 625' tower in dtx, or that new building next to the Federal Reserve building?

Are you insane? It is on the waterfront. I love what's going on in DTX but it ain't on the water. The new building by the Fed is apartments for rent.

As we've said 10,000 other times, the SL in the Seaport doesn't suck at all. It runs the best headways on the system.

As we've said 10,000 other times, the SL in the Seaport doesn't suck at all. It runs the best headways on the system.

And would just add that if someone is buying a 2 bedroom condo in this building, they do not and probably never will ride public transportation (black car uber service doesn't count).

^keep smoking!! Only a few members on here have any praise for the SL.

"Has room for improvement" and "sucks" are two completely different things. And frankly, considering the red, orange and green lines are breaking down every other day and are woefully overcrowded, the silver line is currently one of the best lines on the system from an operational standpoint. Its a good thing your friend knows you well enough not to listen to you.

Its a good thing your friend knows you well enough not to listen to you.

Took the words out of my mouth.

It's perfect for her if she travels a lot.

And would just add that if someone is buying a 2 bedroom condo in this building, they do not and probably never will ride public transportation (black car uber service doesn't count).

FPG -- wouldn't be so doctrinaire

Just because someone plunks down $2M doesn't mean that they necessarily have money to burn -- they could easily have gotten a one-timer from stock options on a start-up and actually have a quite modest income

If they are heading to the Airport or South Station -- I could easily see taking a 2 block walk to the Court House Station and then popping on the Silver Line

C'mon Armpits... we know you don't have any friends :)

Holy shit! You guys are so right!!! All the hottest places are between wTC and ss!!! Dear god, there is so much to do.....it will take you days to see everything between these two T stops!! OH...AND THE SHOPPING!!! Wanna buy a coat? You have the greatest retail spot ever situated on a super high speed line. What's that store called? Martha's in Fan Pier? It should only take you a mere 15 minutes to get to Martha's fromm SS on the T's greatest line that was ever built.....the silver line!!!

Did it ever occur to you that for someone plunking down two million bucks on a condo, they might not give two shits about public transit?

Judging from the precipitous decline in his spelling, Howie must've spent the last month huffing a bunch of that Christmas tree snow-in-a-can spray.

CHA4990506.JPG

FPG -- wouldn't be so doctrinaire

Just because someone plunks down $2M doesn't mean that they necessarily have money to burn -- they could easily have gotten a one-timer from stock options on a start-up and actually have a quite modest income

If they are heading to the Airport or South Station -- I could easily see taking a 2 block walk to the Court House Station and then popping on the Silver Line

Buying a $2 million condo is one thing. Maintaining it is another. It would be next to impossible to maintain a $2 million condo on a "modest income" as you say. The condo fees alone for such a unit in what will be one of the premiere waterfront condos in the city will easily be $2,000-$3,000+ a month. Then add around another $2,000 a month in taxes and you are over $50,000 a year in just condo fees and taxes. Perhaps your definition of modest income is different from mine but I would never expect anyone with a modest income to be dropping north of $50,000 a year in condo fees and taxes.

Back