Vertex Headquarters @ Fan Pier | 11 Fan Pier Blvd, 50 Northern Ave | Seaport

14353731838_23d2073689_b.jpg

14353655090_ef6fbf3a9b_b.jpg

The vertex logo reminds me of a logo you would see at the start of a vhs, lol.

wfRoun6FXkzTmTW82juL_i3E-tayIu7sFPyhiXqNk8XdrHwrq6TdRfGYP_hnYbKDztPebSXLvso_Or5zt41ClHDLT_At6DcE3Sx1vvVQzj3N-biH7-k9RZnfNbZsuBBItmuIQXVjIf7i=w271-h166-nc

That's awesome news they're putting a b.good in the Seaport! I know some of us were concerned whether the Seaport would have any affordable, fast casual dining establishments. Also, Babbo Pizzeria's menu looks very solid as well. :)

I had the pleasure of eating at Babbo. The food was excellent and the prices reasonable.

I second that Babbo is good, I went there a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure how much retail Vertex was going to lease, so I'm happy about all of the retail going in.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals is considering relocating its headquarters
1711463759026.jpeg

“When Vertex Pharmaceuticals moved from Cambridge to Boston’s Seaport a decade ago, it signaled that what was then a sea of parking lots could be a booming business district, and galvanized a wave of new development.

Now, Vertex may be on the move again.

With the lease on its two-building campus on Fan Pier set to expire in 2028, the company is reevaluating its real estate options — and considering leaving its prominent headquarters for another spot in the neighborhood.”

https://www.statnews.com/2024/03/25/vertex-pharmaceuticals-headquarters-boston/

Let’s see where this ends up. They have an option to extend their lease, but with macro conditions becoming ever more tenant friendly this is probably a first step in a renegotiation. I know they have space near the design building, but Fan Pier is SUCH a better location than anything way out there. I’d be very surprised if they just up and moved out.

On January 30th, Vertex announced it would seek FDA approval of a new pain-killing drug. The drug is characterized as a blockbuster.
From the NY Times
Vertex Pharmaceuticals of Boston announced Tuesday that it had developed an experimental drug that relieves moderate to severe pain, blocking pain signals before they can get to the brain. It works only on peripheral nerves — those outside the brain and the spinal cord — making it unlike opioids. Vertex says its new drug is expected to avoid opioids’ potential to lead to addiction.

The company reported that it had completed two randomized studies, the first in 1,118 people who had abdominoplasties and the other in 1,073 people who had bunion surgery. The two procedures are commonly used in studies of people with acute pain, the temporary kind that is brought on by something like a surgical procedure and is likely to ease with time.
Dr. Henry Kranzler, professor of psychiatry and director of the Center for Studies of Addiction at the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine, called the drug “a therapeutic breakthrough.”

He said its development was based on a strong body of science and, at least for acute pain, “it looks very promising” with an efficacy that, while not better than the opioid oxycodone, also is not worse.

“This has the potential to be a blockbuster,” said Dr. Stephen Waxman, a professor of neurology, neuroscience and pharmacology at Yale.

Vertex is absolutely crushing it. They may need more space given the number of bfd drugs they'll soon have.

Back