Vertex Headquarters @ Fan Pier | 11 Fan Pier Blvd, 50 Northern Ave | Seaport

do you see? DO YOU SEE!?!

"Oh God, stop! It's so boring!"

Thread derailment complete; Long live South Park.

This thread should go down in AB history as the first thread that derailed seamlessly and simultaneously into 2 different topics.

Now to bring it back..
I like the Vertex logos, but isn't there some recent ordinance that forbids companies from attaching their names to buildings? I believe State Street was grandfathered in?

Sounds a bit silly. Though it might explain why I've seen so little of it.
However, why would this not affect sponsorship such as the Fleetcenter, Shawmut Center, TD Banknorth Garden, TD Garden... ? hmmm just one building.

The new Converse sign might object to such regs as well.

Perhaps it only applies to certain districts or neighborhoods.

"Oh God, stop! It's so boring!"

Thread derailment complete; Long live South Park.

This thread should go down in AB history as the first thread that derailed seamlessly and simultaneously into 2 different topics.

Now to bring it back..
I like the Vertex logos, but isn't there some recent ordinance that forbids companies from attaching their names to buildings? I believe State Street was grandfathered in?

I thought that was Cambridge?

Yeah, pretty sure you're thinking of the controversy over the Microsoft building in Kendal Square. I think there was some additional wrangling over Google trying to put a sign up as well.

12752351324_1c1ed3cfa7_b.jpg

Boxes on the bay I hope something taller gets built behind Fan pier

Last edited:
Great tribute. Thanks for sharing this photo!

While I appreciate that the facade of this building has *some* sort of architectural lighting, the 80s called and wants its lighting scheme and neon logo back. That logo is just so awful and tacky. Serif fonts are so out. It's 2014, c'mon.

Great tribute. Thanks for sharing this photo!

While I appreciate that the facade of this building has *some* sort of architectural lighting, the 80s called and wants its lighting scheme and neon logo back. That logo is just so awful and tacky. Serif fonts are so out. It's 2014, c'mon.

Honestly, its SO tacky that I like it. Sort of like an avacado fridge...

Let's just all agree it's different and in Boston with mostly just windows doing the lighting at night different is good.

I love the lighting on this building. We need more 80's neon, not less.

Honestly, I expect it to be animated like the Citgo sign. That at least would ensure that it would remain on the building long after Vertex Pharmaceuticals was lost to the sands of time.

It looks good (except #4, but that was pretty much necessary for such a building), but how many retail spaces are there? Any? If it had retail, especially along Northern Ave, this project would be so solid.

Back