Video of the Day, Boston Style

I love these time-lapsed videos. Thanks for posting!

^ This one should be sub-titled 'my drone has an effective range of about 1/4 mile'

Is there any way to post a Youtube link without this ancient forum software turning it into Flash?

This video is great if you have a big tv and can watch it in 4k. On my 65" it literally feels like I'm riding around the city while I sit on the couch. I highly recommend going to youtube and searching for "Boston 4k" on the biggest/best tv's you have. I noticed that Comcast actually caps youtube at 1080 so go directly through the tv's themselves if you can.

Last edited:
Allston Village has so much chaotic energy sometimes:

Imagine the economic growth and human activity that will be unleashed around 2035 when the city might start banning individually owned and stored (on sides of roads) cars. The on-demand mobility should be available then.

That very street will look so different and alive with HUMANS (along with more restaurants, theatres, apartments, stores, etc.).

Video like that makes me wonder how the hell I was a bike messenger for 8 months. I would do battle like that for 9 hours a day... ah the good old shitty old days of being a broke dumbass twentysomething.

Full replay from the Red Bull cliff diving competition off the ICA. First half is the women from a 70' platform and second half is the men from 90'. Lots of good views of the city and the competition is insane.

A walkthrough of the old Garden before the final soiree they held in September 1995. I went to a circus and B's game in the old place but I was so young for both that I have very few memories of what the building was actually like. It's kind of shocking, really - it looks like someone built an arena out of a 1930s subway station (I guess that makes sense considering when it was built). I can see both why the new place was necessary and why this one held so many memories.

A walkthrough of the old Garden before the final soiree they held in September 1995. I went to a circus and B's game in the old place but I was so young for both that I have very few memories of what the building was actually like. It's kind of shocking, really - it looks like someone built an arena out of a 1930s subway station (I guess that makes sense considering when it was built). I can see both why the new place was necessary and why this one held so many memories.

That's a fantastic tour of the old Boston "Gaaahden". My mother took me to a Barnum and Bailey Circus there when I was about 10 (about 1960). Great memories.

Back