W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

The glass looks great but it looks really wide and stumpy from this angle, as compared from its side view.

Nice photo. I see the cheap bastards haven't fixed the balustrade of death on Boylston.

^^ You think you might move back?

^^ You think you might move back?

Not for a long time. There is too much else in the world to see. Plus I think visiting every now and then makes me appreciate the city more. Too many people here complain about Boston which tells me they need to get out more (although I'm just as guilty.)

^^ That's a healthy attitude.

At least we haven't completely lost you to NY like bowwest.

Still, Boston's loss.

^One person doesn't make a city's loss.... Maybe, but no one on here. I apologize. Its a ridiculous comment.

IMG_8600.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

The Stubby Dub from the LeGrange Sandlot:
w_hotel.jpg

A bit closer:
w2.jpg

And some context, along Stuart--W entrance on the left:
w_stuart_st.jpg

And the thing itself, in all its fat-assed glory:
fat_w.jpg

Doesn't fulfill the promise of the rendering.
How many times have we said that?
Too many.

It will be extremely rare that so many windows will be open at any one time. Even on the nicest spring day only a few windows will be cracked. People grow accustomed to living in an air conditioned envrionment and don't even think to open them. In sum I think this building is a fantastic addition to the city.

It will be extremely rare that so many windows will be open at any one time. Even on the nicest spring day only a few windows will be cracked. People grow accustomed to living in an air conditioned envrionment and don't even think to open them. In sum I think this building is a fantastic addition to the city.

I agree. Clearly the construction works dont have access to A/C so they need them open. Most guests wont bother to open it, but those such as myself with appreciate the option.

Window-wall acne?

I actualy kind of like the open windows. they break up the huge sheer glass wall and add some chance to how the building looks at any one time. This chance is kind of like how John Cage composes his music, rarely will his works ever sound exactly the same, and rarely will this building ever look exactly the same (except the winter but we dont talk about that).

What winter? Come on, this is Boston-there's no such thing as winter!

And some context, along Stuart--W entrance on the left:
w_stuart_st.jpg

Dude, that is a sick shot. The lighting is perfect. The Hancock Towers and most of the low-rise buildings in that corrider almost look like they're computer rendered. The big Hancock also looks silver...that's a color I've never seen on it before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back