Waltham Infill and Small Developments

http://waltham.wickedlocal.com/news/20161114/current-high-school-site-chosen-for-new-school

Waltham has decided to keep their high school at it's current location.

Maybe not...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...ool-project/NmZQLGXI7rfAIylB1gwlpI/story.html

Sounds like the Mayor has been winning hearts and minds. Also, when did $250M become the going rate for high schools in MA? Didn't the MSBA enact new rules after the Newton North project to knock the costs down? North is starting to look like a bargain.

Re: New Waltham Development?

Equilibria -- looks as though a lot of highway and CR improvements are assumed before any of Phase II can or wants to begin

https://youtu.be/GVXbyWR1Gf0

Not sure about that. They've inked deals with Target, Nordstrom Rack, and Dick's Sporting Goods or they wouldn't use their logos. I doubt the rest of it happens anytime soon, but I bet the parking garage and those three stores (i.e., what's shown in the 2 new renders) are upcoming.

Also, don't forget the office component of this development - there's a lot of it, and that may not be so dependent on the improvements if they can access it from 5th St.

Re: New Waltham Development?

Not sure about that. They've inked deals with Target, Nordstrom Rack, and Dick's Sporting Goods or they wouldn't use their logos. I doubt the rest of it happens anytime soon, but I bet the parking garage and those three stores (i.e., what's shown in the 2 new renders) are upcoming.

Also, don't forget the office component of this development - there's a lot of it, and that may not be so dependent on the improvements if they can access it from 5th St.

Connector roadway to 5th Avenue is now open. It's only open in off peak hours and closed from 7am-10am & 3pm-7pm on weekdays.

Meanwhile, back at the downtown ranch:

Demolition for Kirsch Place, at the corner of Moody & Maple [just south of beloved Moody's Delicatessen and the most competitive section of Moody St.'s "restaurant row"] finished recently:

https://www.facebook.com/kirschplacewaltham/

Per the website, 12 residential units going up there:

http://www.kirschplace.com/residential.html

Here's the current progress on Kirsch Place. It's cute how they have a banner photo from the 1950s on the opposite side of Moody St., with some developers (presumably Kirsch family?) with the developers pointing across the street in the direction of the project.

I'm very puzzled that they are retaining that totally generic house with the Kirsch signage in the northwest corner of the development parcel. What on earth are its redeeming features?

Still, a very good infill project, especially for the southern/forgotten stretch of Moody St., which could use all the help it could get.

picture.php

Corner of Main St and Newton - tire shop bulldozed, not seeing any signs on the site about what's replacing it. Is it just going to be replaced by something similarly sized? Or are they going bigger on the site?

Does anyone know what's going on at 500 Totten Pond Rd's parking lot? I've seen some equipment tearing into it there in the past few weeks. Are they starting construction on the second building? There was a second building in some of the renders I saw.

Does anyone know what's going on at 500 Totten Pond Rd's parking lot? I've seen some equipment tearing into it there in the past few weeks. Are they starting construction on the second building? There was a second building in some of the renders I saw.

Boston Properties found an anchor for 20 City Point. Broke ground a few weeks ago. Essentially Phase II of that parcel -- based on what I have seen, will aesthetically match the building next door.

when they do these, is the lost + required new additional parking installed below grade?

Also it looks like some retail is moving into the Merc. Brothers Marketplace (smaller roach brothers) is opening this spring.

when they do these, is the lost + required new additional parking installed below grade?

There's an above ground parking garage nearby which is a pretty good size. Last time I saw the new site I didn't see them digging very deep yet, but they had just started work.

There's an above ground parking garage nearby which is a pretty good size. Last time I saw the new site I didn't see them digging very deep yet, but they had just started work.

That garage is going to double in size. They only built half of it during Phase I.

Corner of Main St and Newton - tire shop bulldozed, not seeing any signs on the site about what's replacing it. Is it just going to be replaced by something similarly sized? Or are they going bigger on the site?

According to the sign that just went up, it'll be...... a parking lot! Strong work there Waltham.

Back