Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place

Seems like this building isn't crossing the Pike anymore (from the renderings). That's a shame.

Yuck -- the building itself is fine, but who wants to walk through that sea of emptiness in order to get to it?

This is the ideal time to Dig Under D St. to fix the connection from the WT to the Silver Line Way Station

This is the ideal time to Dig Under D St. to fix the connection from the WT to the Silver Line Way Station

It would be, but I feel like it's only going to exacerbate the disconnect between BCEC/Summer Street, and everything else for the foreseeable future.

"Welcome to the Wichita Airport Hyatt, how can I direct you to your home?"

I'm also a little confused as to why it is making a bit of an homage to the WTC with the awning up high, and the weird strip in the middle that steps back and is a different color. East office tower I think does this too.

It would be, but I feel like it's only going to exacerbate the disconnect between BCEC/Summer Street, and everything else for the foreseeable future.

"Welcome to the Wichita Airport Hyatt, how can I direct you to your home?"

Bos -- make that the Wichita Airport Hyatt on the Bay with lunch at the No-Name

that awkard awning in the top of it makes the building look like a bottle opener.

The base doesn't look that bad. I bet CVS will take up half of it though.

Does that mean inside the structure or literally a parking lot?

See the change in plans. The development wasn't only scaled down, it was also split into two sub-phases.

The Boston.com article is referring only to the first phase and is slight wrong, if the NPC I'm looking at is still valid, which is the construction of the tower plus 70 above grade (indoor) spaces and 70 surface spaces. Phase two is a planned 55,000 sq. ft. retail development with an additional 45 surface spaces (and a relocation of the earlier 70 spaces) for a total of 115 outdoor surface spaces and 70 indoor spaces.

Considering how narrow the building is now, and the fact that it backs up to the Silver Line Tunnel and World Trade Center Ave, it wouldn't surprise/bother me if the spots were hidden behind the development against the Tunnel exit. At least that's my guess from looking at the renderings

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...e - Phase I/Waterside Place - Phase I_NPC.pdf

The second phase is primarily a retail phase and will

The Boston.com article is referring only to the first phase and is slight wrong, if the NPC I'm looking at is still valid, which is the construction of the tower plus 70 above grade (indoor) spaces and 70 surface spaces. Phase two is a planned 55,000 sq. ft. retail development with an additional 45 surface spaces (and a relocation of the earlier 70 spaces) for a total of 115 outdoor surface spaces and 70 indoor spaces.

I think that all parking will be indoors after the completion of the second phase (referred to as Phase iB). The NPC says that Phase 1A will include 70 internal parking spaces "occupying approximately 29,000 square feet" and 70 surface parking spaces. Phase 1B will include approximately 55,000 square feet of retail space and "approximately 45 spaces and 70 relocated former surface parking spaces, occupying a total of approximately 52,000 square feet", which suggests that the spaces will be internal to the structure itself, not on the surface.

ulk5u.jpg

Sign and site work.

sEUiC.jpg

Whoa, almost the exact same picture.

7701251188_8d2eff3298_b.jpg

7701254300_86b34fc325_b.jpg

7701256992_820abba658_b.jpg

So, it looks like Waterside Place will be perpendicular to the Manulife Building!

Why isnt this building funding an extension of the silver line tunnel?

Back