Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

17026801624_b38d8f91cd_b.jpg

The Massport Five Year Capital Plan has Waterside Place Phase II starting in 2015, completed in 2017, at a total cost of $123 million.

A Notification of Project Change document for Waterside Place has been posted on the BRA website. The revised project adds a 300 room hotel at the corner of D and Summer streets and replaces a cinema with a grocery store. Construction is expected to start in the 4th quarter of this year.

Some graphics from the document.

WP-rend2.jpg

WP-model1.jpg

WP-rend4.jpg

WP-rend5.jpg

WP-rend6.jpg

WP-rend7.jpg

WP-rend8.jpg

WP-rend9.jpg

WP-rend10.jpg

WP-rend11.jpg

Note the use of digital signage.

WP-sig2.jpg

WP-sig1.jpg

Is this part of Phase II?!

I would take 1,000,000,000,000,000 shopping malls in suburbia over this piece of absolute shite!!

The Massport Five Year Capital Plan has Waterside Place Phase II starting in 2015, completed in 2017, at a total cost of $123 million.
What Massport Five Year Capital Plan? When is it dated? The BRA has no info at all on Phase II, so it's safe to say it's not happening in 2015. Phase 1B has not been completed (or even started) yet. 1B is the retail "butt" of Waterside Place Phase 1A and is planned to have a grocery store.

Refer to this NPC detailing "Construction of Phase 1 in Two Sub-Phases:" http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/a4d19c04-6a90-441a-ab74-f0d8910fbda7

Edit: Marked up a render...
KOrpUm4.png

Is this part of Phase II?!

I would take 1,000,000,000,000,000 shopping malls in suburbia over this piece of absolute shite!!

No it is not. Those graphics (and the post) are from 2007. The shopping mall at Waterside Place is long dead.

Last edited:

BizNow had a mention a couple weeks back that developer was starting construction of Phase II (1B) which would be retail space built onto the residential building. Unclear how large but appeared significantly smaller than 2007 rendering. Not a mall.

BizNow had a mention a couple weeks back that developer was starting construction of Phase II (1B) which would be retail space built onto the residential building. Unclear how large but appeared significantly smaller than 2007 rendering. Not a mall.

According to the above NPC I linked to, Phase 1B is 55,000 SF of retail including a grocery store, "innovation space" & parking.

Stel -- Very interesting document it has as couple of other highlights:
  • $300 M for Terminal E
  • something related to Transit under D St.

LMAO

"Should we send Jimmy out to D St. to reprogram that light controller so the Silver Line gets priority? "
"Nah, let's sit on that for at least a decade and maybe build a tunnel someday."
"Can't we just fix the light? He could go out and do it in like... 30 minutes."
"That's not how we've ever done things."

So confused. That's the same lot where the 1,400 car MassPort garage is going, right?

Yeah I'm confused too. Is it safe to assume that all the renders in post 927 are dead-dead-dead?

The world doesn't make sense otherwise (they don't show the existing waterside place we all know and hate, among other things)

I reported that the D St light was resulting in long waits for the Silver Line buses to Citizens Connect. The response that I got back was that they would need to do a traffic study of D St first because all the signals are coordinated.

Yeah I'm confused too. Is it safe to assume that all the renders in post 927 are dead-dead-dead?

The world doesn't make sense otherwise (they don't show the existing waterside place we all know and hate, among other things)

Massport put out RFP's independently for the Hotel and the Parking

Note that you can't have the hotel with the parking but there is nothing that stops parking from being built without the hotel or deferring the hotel for later

I snagged a few shots of this creature while I was in the area this weekend. The best I can say is that it isn't completely boring from every angle. I still wouldn't say any part of this project was properly executed.

iphone-522-305.jpg

iphone-522-314.jpg

iphone-522-506.jpg

iphone-522-511.jpg

I. The best I can say is that it isn't completely boring from every angle.
iphone-522-314.jpg

Every girl has her best side, the pose she loves best that catches her charm, her beauty, her figure and her smile just right! You seem to have found hers! ;-)

Every girl has her best side, the pose she loves best that catches her charm, her beauty, her figure and her smile just right! You seem to have found hers! ;-)

"The Angles"... oh myspace.

They announced the start of the process for the affordable units today.

Let's take bets! How many applicants?

Back