Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

I imagine this will be like a concrete sidewalk. Nice and white for the first few years, but after a while it will start to grey and maybe even take on the color of dirts, rust, etc.?

I think this beats Park Lane as the worst in Seaport so far.

Love the '70s vibe on that last shot!

were u even around in the 70's lol

Nein!

I *love* how, even with an essentially new building, the sign posts are leaning and the tree plantings are misaligned. And if you walk through there, you'll note that some of the lamp posts are not aligned the same way, either. Is there no value in detail anymore? (Reference: a few shots above - the one with the turning bus.)

So the radian isn't doing so hot. How is leasing going here?

When everything is built and marketed as 'luxury" you'd think there would be a cap on the amount of people willing to spend that kind of money on rent. The 'average' Bostonian has no realistic shot to ever live in one of these new buildings.

Well the new Radian building seems to be having trouble getting the high rents that neighboring buildings have gotten. We can only hope that this means rents are or will be soon going down for these types of projects.

Well the new Radian building seems to be having trouble getting the high rents that neighboring buildings have gotten. We can only hope that this means rents are or will be soon going down for these types of projects.

The ugly effect will be developers taking it as a sign to stop building residential claiming 'saturated market'. when units priced a tad more affordable would sell like hotcakes. But, 'we can't sell at that price and make a profit'. Vicious circle.

The ugly effect will be developers taking it as a sign to stop building residential claiming 'saturated market'. when units priced a tad more affordable would sell like hotcakes. But, 'we can't sell at that price and make a profit'. Vicious circle.

There is profit, and there is a killing. I'm afraid there is no distinction to some.

cca

I think developers are a little more rigorous in their analysis of the market than:

"Curbed Boston says lease signing is slow during the first 2 weeks at the Radian. We might as well close up shop. Boston is dead."

If the lux market ever saturates (which the rate of lease signings in a 2 month period is NOT evidence of) then developers will settle for lower valued project as long as they are still profitable. You can't wish for the developers to leave money on the table and especially not to work for free. They will build in Boston as long as they can make enough money doing so to cover the risk. Once the risk/reward math fails to add up, the only way forward is government subsidy. If you want to see middle income builds where luxury would sell/rent, then you'll need subsidies to make up the money left on the table.

I think I might have been poisoned or something, but when there is a lot of sunlight, this building looks ok. And having finally been up close, this building fits in well with it's neighbors. I like the John Hancock building up close as well.

The John Hancock Seaport building is great. Classiest (new) building in the area.

I wonder if the second phase of this will get sped up now that the BCEC expansion and headquarters hotel seem to have some momentum. Maybe just wishful thinking.

14353975648_5788974afe_b.jpg

14354019427_b549cd20b1_b.jpg

I didn't like this building from the very beginning but seeing it in person was a pleasant surprise. Not sure how it will look in the winter but it's definitely a summer building.

I felt the exact same way, in pictures you can really see the dirty looking panels, but in person it actually looks half way decent. If all of the panels were the texture that looks like clean white this would be a pretty nice building. Seeing it from the airport also blended it all together and it added a nice piece to the cluster there.

Back