Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

YMXElAZ.jpg

4zW7Ke1.jpg

From L to R:

128 Pomo, 128 Pomo, Soviet Russia, Soviet Russia, Little Dallas and 1994 Value Engineering Special.

^
I would add in the foreground - the ramps, street signs, patch of grass and parking lot are all downtown Wichita. There is no need to travel the world, for better or worse, you can see it all from this vantage point in Boston!

What is this forum's opinion of the nearby Manulife/John Hancock/601 Congress Street building? I think it's pretty sharp looking there behind 505 Congress.

In Soviet Russia, engineering values you!

What is this forum's opinion of the nearby Manulife/John Hancock/601 Congress Street building? I think it's pretty sharp looking there behind 505 Congress.

It has its moments, but for me it's a case where the surrounding crap drags it down and suffocates what few signs of life it has, and as a result it ends up blending in most of the time.

BTW, hats off to you and your camera, Corey Templeton.

^^^ Those angles always blow me away when I (re)realize the size of the gap between WTC West and the Seaport Hotel.I guess it will help with Waterside's Harbor views. But, crimony, this area could be so much denser.

^^^ Those angles always blow me away when I (re)realize the size of the gap between WTC West and the Seaport Hotel.I guess it will help with Waterside's Harbor views. But, crimony, this area could be so much denser.

...and it shall be, in good time my son.

It's pretty nice, but the ground level sucks.

From last weekend

13467961893_2ec1781a8c_b.jpg

From Saturday

Front left building here is the best big-block building in the Seaport if you ask me

remarkable how much the weather makes a difference with this building. Sunny = she looks fine. Overcast = someone should check their underwear for stains.

I would like to hear thoughts on these pictures. The buildings clustered together does not look that bad. The problem right now is the Streetscape.

remarkable how much the weather makes a difference with this building. Sunny = she looks fine. Overcast = someone should check their underwear for stains.

Makes me wonder if the architect was from a warmer/tropical region and has limited experience with New England climate. Waterside would probably look fine in Miami or San Diego.

Makes me wonder if the architect was from a warmer/tropical region and has limited experience with New England climate. Waterside would probably look fine in Miami or San Diego.

TRO Jung Brannen is the architect. I assume this was designed by the Boston HQ office (their office is literally down the street from Waterside Place), but they also have Birmingham, AL and Sarasota, FL locations too. It's weird that they even did Waterside Place because TRO usually does incredible lab and healthcare projects.

http://www.trojungbrannen.com/project/waterside-place

Like BosDevelop said, this one is rather alright under sunny light.

14218150354_cd315be695_b.jpg

14031678159_97d0b12a23_b.jpg

14218344945_3076a39d9a_b.jpg

14218332005_155a035915_b.jpg

14031666028_718f24fb10_b.jpg

14218128214_a1416bfea1_b.jpg

I like the colors of this building, a nice change of pace for the Seaport, but, I'm undecided on the overall appearance. I think the architect tried to relieve the flatness of the large singular sides of the building with the gray panels, but, I think the sides are too large to overcome.

Back