Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place

The light gray material is identical to the Suffolk U dorm on Somerset street.

Core looks complete:

20121213-PC130021.jpg

A part of me wants this project to stop immediately and just have those two cores standing there forever.

A part of me wants this project to stop immediately and just have those two cores standing there forever.

I had this exact thought a few minutes ago. There's something about those cores that's just beautiful. </soft spot for concrete>

They look like coastal WWII U-boat spotting towers. There's one in Hull, and I've seen them in Jersey, Long Island and North Carolina as well.

Alternatively, there's a comparison to be made to Berlin Wall guard towers...

They look like coastal WWII U-boat spotting towers. There's one in Hull

Also in Rockport (where it is part of Halibut Point State Park), and a few in Nahant.

I really like that the logo for John Hancock is now on the Manulife building. Just carries so much more recognizability and obviously history. I think I've even started hearing it referred to as Hancock now. I only noticed that a couple months ago.

People on here hate that building right? The Renaissance or whatever next to it is waaay worse.

That Manulife building is one of the better ones in the Seaport, architecturally. From what I recall, most objections were concerned with its base?

So what is it thats being built? I lost track after it became a giant Xanadu and then got cancelled.

Back