Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place

Even when there isn't a cloud in the sky, it still looks like shit.

Even the rendering sucks, but I would take that coloring in a heartbeat over this turd.

Worst development 2013 if it's finished. Hall of shame nominee as well.

Would it look so bad if a building was erected behind it? I mean, nobody has shown a picture from the other side of of the street yet (is it congress street?).

It's no wonder they went with a nighttime render.

Very.
Seems like they're going for 'Chicago Housing Projects Chic'

I suggest they rebrand the building "Innovation Green".

I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a cheap type of cladding that didn't look so aggressively banal. Especially for a building in such a key location.

The city spends years fighting with developers over the imagined horrors of building anything over five stories, but this sort of thing sails right through the approval process.

But who am I kidding? The Menino BRA is accountable to only one man. If they want a housing project, we get a housing project.

Great shots of a bad building...well done

IMG_20130630_124042_zps3d364a12.jpg

IMG_20130630_123924_zpscc138ae1.jpg

IMG_20130630_123846_zpsc276f2dc.jpg

IMG_20130630_123759_zps266b46f3.jpg

IMG_20130630_123705_zps7dad3073.jpg

It looks like the entire building got covered in bird shit

The bar has been lowered so far that I'm pretty sure they didn't find it while digging the foundation.

You gotta walk on the side of a highway to get there?

The whole neighborhood is a highway. A little taste of Houston on the Harbor.

I don't get to go back to Boston that often, usually once every few years, so I may not be as naturally in tune with all the new development . . . but if you showed me that picture and I missed the Boston street map, I'd assume it was the Denver Tech Center. Good pic though.

It looks like the entire building got covered in bird shit

Is it me or was the rendering of the building a darker tone of bricks presented with the blue tint coming off the building at night.

The way this building looks could put a scar on the area. Time will tell.

You people are so overwhelmingly negative about everything posted on this forum I think I've contracted a mental illness....

You people are so overwhelmingly negative about everything posted on this forum I think I've contracted a mental illness....

I would agree with you about 95% of the development posts on this forum but not for this building. This is the most boring, offensive shlock going up in the South Boston Waterfront... and that is saying something.

I would agree with you about 95% of the development posts on this forum but not for this building. This is the most boring, offensive shlock going up in the South Boston Waterfront... and that is saying something.

Couldn't agree more. No question this building has already secured it's status as the worst development of 2013.

You're suffering from a case of reality. I prescribe 2 hours of internet a day. You'll be comparing the most innocuous things to the holocaust in no time.

Back