Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place

+1

There are three coffee shops withing one block on Congress Street. Flour, Bee's Knees and Barrington. Oh and a Dunkin' Donuts. And Metro. So five.

Walking down Seaport Boulevard and condemning the area doesn't make any sense. The entire Seaport Square development has barely started its first phase. Fan Pier is ready to go on two more buildings and Pier 4 has begun. Channel Center is a go. The sausage parcel is happening. The Convention Center expansion is going to result in one possibly two HQ hotels. A lot of residential is being built right now on D Street between Summer and West First, and a lot more is planned at all corners. Could go on but I'd be stating what already has been posted here and elsewhere.

It's just not reasonable to write the area off at this stage of the game.
Can add Au Bon Pain and call it 6. But, I guess that's 2 blocks.

Ok add Yada, that's right on the same street as Flour.

For the record, not everyone is giving three cheers to the Greenway. Some pretty, well-framed pictures on aB and you all forget the fact that it's lined by massive surface streets, contains offensive ramp parcels and rarely achieves any of the "stitching" that was promised?

The Seaport is the same. Some horrible things, and some things that just don't live up to their potential that the die hard, all-weather fans can't believe anyone would criticize.

For the record, not everyone is giving three cheers to the Greenway. Some pretty, well-framed pictures on aB and you all forget the fact that it's lined by massive surface streets, contains offensive ramp parcels and rarely achieves any of the "stitching" that was promised?

The Seaport is the same. Some horrible things, and some things that just don't live up to their potential that the die hard, all-weather fans can't believe anyone would criticize.

The Greenway's "massive surface streets" are no bigger than Congress St by Faneuil Hall. They're smaller than Tremont by the Common... the ramp parcels suck. The point people are making is that, in the summer, the foliage does indeed make the Greenway a half-respectable city park.

For the record, I doubt your statement was necessary. Your feelings on the Greenway and Seaport have been noted and duly noted time and time again. I find myself in agreement with you half the time, but when people post pics that beat their expectations, and say so, it's not worth calling them out as "all-weather fans". It's not a zero-sum game.

The Greenway's "massive surface streets" are no bigger than Congress St by Faneuil Hall.

Congress St. by Fanueil Hall is also a disaster that needs fixing.

For the record, I doubt your statement was necessary. Your feelings on the Greenway and Seaport have been noted and duly noted time and time again. I find myself in agreement with you half the time, but when people post pics that beat their expectations, and say so, it's not worth calling them out as "all-weather fans". It's not a zero-sum game.

Fair.

Today, from Renaissance Garage at Northeastern:

A grey building on a grey day... (Thursday)

From inside the BCEC (Level 2):
2013-06-13135944_zpsdee43a75.jpg

Outside on Summer St:
2013-06-13140215_zps33065681.jpg

From WTC Ave:
2013-06-13140621_zps8a928c3a.jpg

2013-06-13140531_zpsb7c71786.jpg

Ground floor from WTC Ave:

2013-06-13140653_zps1f9ea482.jpg

Will it eventually be hidden by something else next to it?

^Yup, there's a phase 2 but I don't think they've released the plans yet.

Will it eventually be hidden by something else next to it?

Nope! It's not even getting its big retail butt in this phase. I believe the other Waterside Place building can be seen massed in at the very left of this render:

Waterside+Place+Phase+I+Night.jpg

Wait, I thought they said that they're eventually going to build something behind it. Is phase 2 that retail part?

Parkside on the Common looks wonderful compared with this building.

A friend of mine works in Seaport West. Himself, and the rest of his office, can't get over how terribly ugly this thing is. I didn't even ask, he just commented on how dirty and ugly it looks when we were having a drink down there.

Very.
Seems like they're going for 'Chicago Housing Projects Chic'

Back