Wentworth Mixed-Use Life Sciences Complex | 500 Huntington Ave | Fenway

Two Building Life Science Project Approved in Mission Hill​

500 huntington

“Wentworth with development partners The Owens Companies, Waldwin Development & The Fallon Company has won approval for a two-building lab/office project at 500 Huntington Avenue in Mission Hill. The project will include 640,000 square feet of new development and contribute just over $7M to the Neighborhood Housing Trust. As part of the community benefits, this project will work with Wentworth Institute of Technology to facilitate a workforce development program to provide pathways to life science careers for Boston residents. In addition, parts of the project will employ Wentworth students.”

https://www.bldup.com/posts/two-building-life-science-project-approved-in-mission-hill

I know, I know, "labs", etc. but the size, etc. of these on Huntington Avenue - almost directly across from the MFA - are truly blocky and immense. For Huntington Ave perspective, I just wish there was some way to make them taller and leaner, instead of so "Kendall Square - Volpe-ish".

I know, I know, "labs", etc. but the size, etc. of these on Huntington Avenue - almost directly across from the MFA - are truly blocky and immense. For Huntington Ave perspective, I just wish there was some way to make them taller and leaner, instead of so "Kendall Square - Volpe-ish".
Northeastern is proposing an academic building on its triangle portion of the block. Given their recent buildings, it may soften this bulk.

Last edited:

Back