What I hate about Boston

Toby, it sounds like you just had a shitty travel experience, followed by dinner at Brasserie Jo.

Regarding J.J.:

Wikipedia said:
Jacobs has made substantial contributions to the presidential campaigns of George W. Bush, John Kerry, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton, Joe Lieberman, and John Edwards.

WTF?

Regarding J.J.:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Jacobs has made substantial contributions to the presidential campaigns of George W. Bush, John Kerry, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton, Joe Lieberman, and John Edwards.
WTF?

That just caused me to actually LOL. That is absolutely insane. What a bizarre list of people to donate to...

8/10 of those things are not Boston-specific at all...

Perhaps. But it sucks when Boston isn't better than the common herd.

So is most of Europe!

Please don't compare Boston to Europe. The European Cities are well managed in public transit, architecture, and is still changing. Boston is the taller, duller Washington DC.

^^shhhhh, nobody tell kentxie that Portugal and Greece are going bankrupt and won't have any money for their cities!!

BOSTON AND MASSACHUSETTS ON THE OTHER HAND PAY THEIR BILLS ON TIME!!!!! Booooyah!!!

The weather. Freakin half the year is given over to shitty weather....

/was just in LA last week

Is it EVER going to stop being windy? It's been windy every day since the Fall.

^^shhhhh, nobody tell kentxie that Portugal and Greece are going bankrupt and won't have any money for their cities!!

BOSTON AND MASSACHUSETTS ON THE OTHER HAND PAY THEIR BILLS ON TIME!!!!! Booooyah!!!

Way to compare a country with a state.

Here's the swing.....and a miss!

I know it is a point that comes up over and over again, but it would be nice if we had more than 20-30 days of enjoyable weather per year.

I know it is a point that comes up over and over again, but it would be nice if we had more than 20-30 days of enjoyable weather per year.

What are you talking about? November, December, January, February, March. That's more than 20-30 days.

Oh, sorry, I was talking to the non-sadists in the group.

Deadass Sox.
Deadass Sox owners.
Playing "Sweet Caroline" at any Red Sox games.
The people who thought "Sweet Caroline" at Red Sox games was a good idea.
Neil Diamond songs not played by UB40 or Monkees.
Fenway Park music not played by John Kiley.
Carl Beane is dead.
John Kiley is dead.

Playing "Sweet Caroline" at any Red Sox games.
The people who thought "Sweet Caroline" at Red Sox games was a good idea.

Considering the song was admittedly written about Caroline Kennedy when she was 12 you'd think people would have a problem with a song blatantly about Neil Diamond's desires as a pedophile. Really, am I the only one that noticed and is bothered by this?

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I read about that as well.

I'm not sure if it is really common knowledge though.

Considering the song was admittedly written about Caroline Kennedy when she was 12 you'd think people would have a problem with a song blatantly about Neil Diamond's desires as a pedophile. Really, am I the only one that noticed and is bothered by this?

Seeing as how it's written from the point of view of her parents, you're reading into it too much.

I can't understand people's hate on Sweet Caroline at Fenway. People enjoy singing it. Lighten up. By Diamond's own admission, it's just a stupid song that's fun to sing when your drunk as hell.

Toby's down with drunken singing, but got to part ways with you on this tune, brother. "Sweet Caroline" is Pink Hat Nation's version of the wave.

It could be worse. It could be Barry Manilow.

Back