What if archboston.com was a town?

I'm still trying to fill the Parks and Recreation Director role.

I thought about giving it to Rifleman for the irony but I'm pretty sure his first order of business would be to sell the Common and Public Garden to the highest bidder.
What a WASTE of SPACE. Why don't we build a STADIUM there instead?????????

Do you KNOW how much TAXPAYERS pay to MAINTAIN all that space?

The Krafts could do it for HALF as much and the build an AWESOME Bass Pro Shops. It's WIN/WIN.

WAKE UP!

Every roof would either be a club, a pool, a park, or a farm.

Where are the rooftop beer gardens?!!

Also Beton Brut deserves a position as some sort of architectural czar. While his tastes may run too brutal for the philistines in the general populace, any suggestion of infusing more democratic participation in the aesthetic realm is tantamount to treasonous association with NIMBY causes.

Also Beton Brut deserves a position as some sort of architectural czar. While his tastes may run too brutal for the philistines in the general populace, any suggestion of infusing more democratic participation in the aesthetic realm is tantamount to treasonous association with NIMBY causes.

Some sort of monument in his name designed by Lautner.

Neither. To even speak of shadows (except to denounce those who fear them) is to invite certain exile.

how many member does tis site have?

Technically? 1,143

Honestly though, we probably have a hundred or so 'active' posters and a few dozen 'regular' posters.

Also, I see Beton as a Ward Boss/Community Relations czar.

Please, please, please, please could I be the Arch Bro-stonton University president/Institutional Planner? Just give us 150 acres of tax free land immediately surrounded by nobody over the age of sixty except those affiliated with said university. Campus is arranged similarly to Disney's original E.P.C.O.T. concept, except leaned heavily on academic uses (obviously).

Now hiring Deans for the following colleges of Arch Bro-stonton University:
- College of ARchitecture (CAR)
- College of Engineering (COE)
- College of Urban Planning and Sustainability (CUPS)
- School of EConomic Sciences (SECS)
- Undeclared Program for burnouts and NIMBY's

Technically? 1,143

Honestly though, we probably have a hundred or so 'active' posters and a few dozen 'regular' posters.

Also, I see Beton as a Ward Boss/Community Relations czar.

so we'd be like a small village rather than a big city, or a tiny enclave of a town carved out of boston proper

Yes, but...once word of our Urbanist Utopia gets out, refugees from similar communities will flock to us, justifying our profligate investments in heavy rail and NIMBY persecution.

Please, please, please, please could I be the Arch Bro-stonton University president/Institutional Planner? Just give us 150 acres of tax free land immediately surrounded by nobody over the age of sixty except those affiliated with said university. Campus is arranged similarly to Disney's original E.P.C.O.T. concept, except leaned heavily on academic uses (obviously).

I love SECS.

Yes, but...once word of our Urbanist Utopia gets out, refugees from similar communities will flock to us, justifying our profligate investments in heavy rail and NIMBY persecution.
good, very good. what job do i get?

No College of Computer Sciences? What kind of school are you running, here?

Not my trip, statler.

This surprises me. If anyone on this board understands the importance of neighborhoods and communities within a city while still valuing the needs of the city as a whole, it would be you. And I mean that as the highest compliment.

We would have lots of 100 story towers with amazing ground floor designs.

Yeah, and some really kick-ass rowhouse neighborhoods.

Can you imagine what kind of densities archBostonville would have? Off the charts.

Though to be honest, part of me would miss the 2 family house I grew up in in West Roxbury and the apartment in the triple decker in Roslindale that I spent most on my 20's in when they are invariably demolished to make way for higher density buildings.

Back