Whittier Choice Neighborhood | 1158 Tremont Street | Roxbury

Any idea on the phase III timeline? Will be very cool to see

I swear we were promised a significantly narrower street running down the middle, that thing looks four cars wide. Think the street is wider than these buildings are tall. Sad state of affairs for an urban area.
Pretty far along now.
51004045833_7e9b5ecae0_c.jpg

I swear we were promised a significantly narrower street running down the middle, that thing looks four cars wide. Think the street is wider than these buildings are tall. Sad state of affairs for an urban area.

It's at least more urban and inviting than what was there before.

I think there will still be a road diet for right there. Based on the renders the entrance to the road will be made smaller, and some more road will be taken up by the sidewalk/landscaping. That said, I'll wait till I see it happen for real.

I'm happy to see that one go, its one ugly building that made an ugly section of Tremont/Columbus even uglier. I really hope the new one livens up that street. Shame that despite the "groundbreaking" last month, Ruggles Street still looks very not under construction...

Fire Dept wants 20' clear. So even if they have 10' travel lanes plus some parking you are at the 35'-40' width

Fire Dept wants 20' clear. So even if they have 10' travel lanes plus some parking you are at the 35'-40' width
Yes but it's a one-way street, 10ft travel lane + 2 8ft parking lanes is 26ft. If the fire department won't consider parking clear space then restrict it to parking on one side only. Parker Street by NU is nearby and is 30ft for a two way street with parking both sides.

Back