Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Nice that approved projects that haven't yet been permitted are grandfathered in. Gives NIMBY's something to complain about in a few years. :D

These are extremist, zero-tolerance, neighborhood extortionists, that flaunt themselves as objective, self-appointed watchdogs and community saints.

However, they do a great job helping to keep the parks nice.

Finally got a chance to see the Shirley Kressell character during the public forum last week.
🤦*♂️

These are extremist, zero-tolerance, neighborhood extortionists, that flaunt themselves as objective, self-appointed watchdogs and community saints.

Not all of them!!! Some just have the wrong idea or have been fooled by the extremist, zero tolerance, neighborhood extortionists.

Remember, Jane Jacobs was the original NIMBY.

Remember, Jane Jacobs was the original NIMBY.

Characterizing Jane Jacobs as a NIMBY is really rather disrespectful. Her writing was very influential and positive for most cities.

Last edited:

Characterizing Jane Jacobs as a NIMBY is really rather disrespectful. Her writing was very influential and positive for most cities.

Original NIMBYs were different. They were actually concerned citizens who were fighting urban renewal, and not what they are now. Just like "hacker" was originally a term for computer hobbyists and not a jerk who breaks into computer systems and messes with them.

I think that it will be a breathtaking addition to the Boston skyline, if it is constructed. I don't know whether it will be, or in what ways the design will be modified if it is, but I certainly hope that it is built - and built in a manner that retains the essence of the proposed design.

It would seem we're finally getting close.

Odu that video was very informative. Great watch. Also note they said this is not the final design for the tower. The great hall they also said will be free to every one and have weekly events.

Allow me to end the shadow argument with regard to plant life:

1. Plants require sunlight for energy; whereas
2. This is conducted via a process called photosynthesis; whereas
3. Photosynthesis requires leaves; whereas
4. There are NO leaves on plants in December because they are in effect hibernating for the winter

-SD

Alternatively,

1. Plants do not require continuous direct sunlight to survive.

I'd like to see a rendering of this tower looking from East Boston.

I made one and posted it here. Probably 10 pages back at this point.

Theyre not official/professional/whatever but heres the views from East Boston.

Great pic! This is exactly what downtown needs. Something different to mix it up and to stand out from all the 400'-600' buildings!

Back