Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: Trans National Place (Winthrop Square) Part 2

well that explains that

ahhh...that could possibly explain it...

Wow! Looking at it, I can hardly tell. Wish I could say I meant to do that!

I'm also a big fan of the Comcast Center and the propsed American Commerce Center in Phildadelphia. I think something like either of those would look nice here.

Thanks for the Philly skyscraper plug, Cojapo. I think it?s a beauty and I?m glad to have it here, but there?s a lot of ugly around it too. Anyway, here?s hoping that Trans National Place gets built, and that it?s better than the renderings; Boston deserves it. Isn?t Bentley moving their headquarters to Boston? I?m sure they?d love to be tenants in a real sleek looking, environmentally friendly tower?

Thanks for the Philly skyscraper plug, Cojapo. I think it?s a beauty and I?m glad to have it here, but there?s a lot of ugly around it too. Anyway, here?s hoping that Trans National Place gets built, and that it?s better than the renderings; Boston deserves it. Isn?t Bentley moving their headquarters to Boston? I?m sure they?d love to be tenants in a real sleek looking, environmentally friendly tower?

Yes, Bentley is moving its U.S. headquarters from outside of Detroit to the Boston area. The move should be done by mid 2009.

While some people may be positive about this 1500 foot tower in Philly to be built, the realty is that it won't be. Philly has a much higher vacancy rate than most U.S. cities and the market there is not what is once was. While it's a nice thought, it won't happen.

No problem. With the Murano, Ritz Carlton Residences, Comcast and possibly the development around the Cira Center and ACC, Philly has a lot going on right now. I have to admit I am jealous. Boston continually seems to be missing the boat in regards to taller, architectually appealing towers. 111 Huntington is the best Boston has to offer right now. Filenes renderings are nice, though you never really know until it is finished. South Station Tower looks nice, though I really wonder if that will ever get off the ground. And TNP, though tall and green, really isn't that awe inspiring.

My money is on Bentley moving into an office park, just like the rest of MA's well-known corporations (Reebok, Bose, Staples...) It is a car company, after all. Environmentally friendly? Is Bentley going to ask its employees to take the commuter rail after giving them discounts on 100k sedans?

^100k+ sedans with 12+cylinder engines/ 10mpg. No, "going green" is not in Bentley's Portfolio.

$100k? Try $400k haha. I wasn't even aware Bentley had anything in our area...how long has that been going on?

Bentley has a dealership out in Wayland, Chambers I believe owns it. Boston has just about every major international marque somewhere in the area. We could never the less use more, I would love to see Chambers open up something in the city specifically for the uber high end stuff, Bentley, Maserati, BMW M's, 6's and 7's, Mercedes AMG's, S's, SL's, etc.

I seem to recall when Bentley announced the move the number of people involved, i.e., the US Headquarters staff, numbered around 30. Now if each got their own 20,000 sq ft floor, they could fill half a 57 story tower like Comcast.

I had no idea their operation was that small. With the way His Excellency has been touting these small expansions by Organogenesis and Evergreen Solar I'm surprised he hasn't spun this into saying Boston has become the Motor City for the 21st century.

I thought they were going to be be a bit larger than 30 people (though not significantly). There are also 2 Bentley dealerships in the area if you accept Providence as "Metro Boston;" Wayland and Inskip in Warwick, RI. My friend's father's mid-life crisis is in the form of a gun-metal colored 2007 Continental GT (all $167,000 of it) and that's the "cheapo" Bentley. He said the associate said that he can "expect a larger representation in New England" from the car manufacturer in the near future. I don't think that was in reference to the exectuve offices, but who knows?

has this picture been posted before?

Appears that way.... a dream deferred perhaps?

Appears that way.... a dream deferred perhaps?

This poster was recently put up in the BRA reception area and was of the whole downtown and Back Bay,I just took a picture of downtown,I believe you can buy the whole poster from the map room or maybe on-line?

Last edited:

Back