Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: Trans National Place (Winthrop Square) Part 2

I'd Imagine the W would be much taller than that model purports it to be.

I don't recognize some of the projects. What's the one to the right of SST? Some of the projects that I'm surprise that are still there are Kensington, Gateway Center, Stuart St., and New Herald St. Complex.

The model is missing The Metropolitan Boston (Nassau Street, next to Tufts Medical Center).

Just sayin'

No it's there.

bostonmapapril2008vy5.jpg

without 30-40% preleasing or 50% equity, this project is not currently financeable.

hmmm I didn't see it. You're right.

It truly towers (read: SOARS) over TMC when you're there (I work there)

But one thing that is not represented, now that I look at it, is the 6-floor addition to the top of the Dental School building

without 30-40% preleasing or 50% equity, this project is not currently financeable.

Yes we know after the last bajillion times you said it. We didn't ask whether this project will be built this year or not. We know that it will take awhile before such project will be underway. Obviously it needs a tenant, we stated that before already as well. Post something useful sometimes.

wise ass

i never said that before

But one thing that is not represented, now that I look at it, is the 6-floor addition to the top of the Dental School building
Is this what is underconstruction here?

wise ass

i never said that before

Right sorry, just that you said the same thing to SST among a few other projects. But we already said that this tower needs a major tenant to be constructed. Don't need to add-on to it. We already know.

Interesting model....is there any chance that anyone can get a picture of the back bay portion of this model?

when was that picture made?
Regardless, it looks nice, and if boston gets this building as well as SST built, it will look incredible.

Interesting model....is there any chance that anyone can get a picture of the back bay portion of this model?
Next time I'm there I,
'll buy the poster and photograph more of it !

Is the relative height of Russia Wharf accurate in that photo? Not that it really matters, but the Intercontinental is depicted as approximately the same height in the image.

Is the relative height of Russia Wharf accurate in that photo? Not that it really matters, but the Intercontinental is depicted as approximately the same height in the image.

That too.

I look forward to this project, but I wish the design were Deco. The floor plates of 40 Wall Street and its height would probably be leaseable and the look elegant. Trump thought enough of the building to buy it.

220px-40_Wall_Street_Manhattan_New_.jpg

Don't you think something like it would fit nicely into this scene?

L1060991.jpg

Please do not quote posts that are directly above you..

Here's some more of the BRA map dated 2008

not the best pix's!

Thank you very much Boston02124! Those models are very interesting....if all this stuff actually did get built in Boston, I would be a very happy camper! The model makes it appear like all of Boston's empty space will be infilled with development.

Back