Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

The crane is for the slurry wall. It's been there since December.

I think it was asked a bit further back, but are they still using top down? Shouldn't that mean it starts getting above ground fairly quickly?

Based on the most recent posts I think this is a slurrey wall... walked by this morning and saw one being lowered into place:

SJauqAqh.jpg

^ Correct. This is a "reinforcing cage" which is part of the slurry wall creation process. I have heard the Ironworkers, who create these cages, call it basket weaving 101.

Looking back.....

was it ever in doubt as to which development group was going to win?

Kressel inadvertently did the city a favor: she separated the strong bids from HYM and Hudson, & Accordia who, in the end probably would have done well,

But, the winner keeps proving over and over and over, why they deserved to win.

Looking at the cage ... I would say 4. See the horizontals? (a good chunk of the cage will be below the lowest level)

cca

So this is definitely u/c now, right?

Any idea how long before it starts going vertical...6 months? Closer to 12?

So this is definitely u/c now, right?

Any idea how long before it starts going vertical...6 months? Closer to 12?

After San Francisco MIllennium is definitely going to make sure that the foundation is drilled nice and deep.

Based on the most recent posts I think this is a slurrey wall... walked by this morning and saw one being lowered into place:

SJauqAqh.jpg

Reminds me of when the new & original World Trade Centers were being build.& the slurry walls were put in!! :cool:

https://vimeo.com/296956875

I just came across this video on the Winthrop Center website. I've keep up with most of the postings on this project and hadn't noticed this marketing video link posted on this thread before. If I missed it, I'm happy to delete this post.

Putting aside the "movie guy" narrator voice, and standard marketing buzzwords sprinkled throughout, the short video has some pretty cool flyovers and renders.

^ Correct. This is a "reinforcing cage" which is part of the slurry wall creation process. I have heard the Ironworkers, who create these cages, call it basket weaving 101.

I was watching one guy work on that cage last week. Definitely cool stuff... the deck next to Cosi has a great view of the entire worksite!

I know I sound like a jerk, but I chuckled at the marketing video and how transformational this building is, while other developments over train tracks, like Hudson Yards, have gone up while this thing is barely getting going in earnest.

I know I sound like a jerk, but I chuckled at the marketing video and how transformational this building is, while other developments over train tracks, like Hudson Yards, have gone up while this thing is barely getting going in earnest.

I'm from Nashville, and forget NYC, I doubt Music City has as much red tape as Boston does when it comes to building anything remotely tall.

Back