Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Remember the first renders of the Great Hall? This is what it has become?
It's the not-so-great Corridor. Remember the promises behind 75 State Street's grand hall? Dead, boring, lifeless, vast and at least colorful?

I will never understand how one thing will be approved and something completely different is then built.

I will never understand how one thing will be approved and something completely different is then built.

That's because you are TRYING to understand. The solution is to give up on thinking altogether [Boston BDPA: Logic hath been forsaken here].

How will this lobby differ from its next door neighbor 75/101 Federal which has a large lobby with multiple retail spaces that extend all the way from Franklin to Federal? Is this lobby just going to have higher ceilings? Programming of some kind? More retail than most other large office buildings?

With 44 percent of all small businesses in Boston out of business…one cannot think this place would be any more lively.

I assume that's the "jump mechanism" that's now been installed.

IMG_0180.jpeg

The red is for the lower massing on the Winthrop Square side, and I believe it will increase in density as it rises - the base may have a lighter hue of red compared to the top.

1609378411553.png

I don't see a white vertical fin sampler, I think, which is interesting, considering they're supposed to play with the lighting and complement the Paul Rudolph piece next door. Also, the sampler indeed seems to be off site - isn't part of the point of the sampler to physically see how the façade elements respond in its direct location?

The red is for the lower massing on the Winthrop Square side, and I believe it will increase in density as it rises - the base may have a lighter hue of red compared to the top.

View attachment 9169

.....- isn't part of the point of the sampler to physically see how the façade elements respond in its direct location?

On tight sites like these downtown developments it's very difficult to find space to locate the VMU's, I would like to know where it is located though so I could take a look, just curious.

On tight sites like these downtown developments it's very difficult to find space to locate the VMU's, I would like to know where it is located though so I could take a look, just curious.
Ooh this turned into one of those Where am I? threads!

1609789536952.png

A: Ted Williams Tunnel vent stack
B: Hyatt Place (reflection, over left shoulder)
C: Omni Seaport (reflection, further in distance over right shoulder)
D: Harpoon truck at loading dock
E: Crosswalk sign
F: Silver Line bus

Based off these references I gotta say the sampler is on the lot at the corner of Channel St and Northern Ave in the Seaport.

Driving in town today and was able to capture a few pictures. Interesting outward slant on the Winthrop Square side of the building.

Attachments

• IMG_1947[1].JPG
    IMG_1947[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 434
  • IMG_1948[1].JPG
    IMG_1948[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 450
  • IMG_1949[1].JPG
    IMG_1949[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 456

Back