Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: 111 Federal St. | Formerly Trans National Place (Winthrop Square) Part 2

Well if that's really the rendering they're using then that's really lazy of them.

So far I have to say that my favorite of the proposed towers is Accordia

^ I agree with that although I also like the Hudson Group tower but the other three are a little bit better looking.

I really hope that with mechanical or architectural details at the top these towers break the 800 foot mark.

I like Accordia and I like Millennium. Accordia a little more because with millennium tower so close it shares a lot of the same design aesthetic.

I like the concavity on the Millennium one though, at least the curve would face north east, so no beams of death.

I like Accordia and I like Millennium. Accordia a little more because with millennium tower so close it shares a lot of the same design aesthetic.

I like the concavity on the Millennium one though, at least the curve would face north east, so no beams of death.

Agreed, these two are my favorite also. Only issue is no retail? or was it just not listed?

I also wouldnt mind an Aura style building in Boston. Yes the bottom portion turned out nasty but the tower otherwise looks great. If they could clean up the retail base then this joins my list also.

Here's hoping the mech floor pushes past 800ft. Millennium for me. Their proposal is so New Yorkish that at first I thought the location of that rendering was somewhere in NYC.

Millennium for me. Their proposal is so New Yorkish that at first I thought the location of that rendering was somewhere in NYC.

And is "New Yorkish" the ideal here?

Personally I like the Accordia rendering best.
(though I am certainly no expert on this kind of thing.)

I'd be surprised if Belkin didn't get the nod here. He has all the incentive in the world since he already owns the neighboring property.

I've been waiting all month for this...surprisingly belkins looks not great compared to millennium/Hudson/accordia

Belkins managed to look short and fat even though it is 740 feet tall. I really hope he doesn't get it. Plus he only owns the neighboring building not the actual site, or at least thats what I thought so I don't think that would be that big a help. His track record doesn't say much either so I really hope that it is Accordia, Millennium, or Fallon.

I like Accordia because I feel like the tallest crown in a downtown skyline shouldn't just be all glass. All glass adds some nice pieces to the puzzle but you want that crown jewel when it towers over your entire skyline like that. I feel like this tower out of the rest really is that focal point. I do like the millennium tower a lot, but I feel that concave angled towers make for great additions to skylines because they point towards the focal point. I feel like that center piece needs to be that anchor that doesnt really have one side toward it but multifaceted so its prominent from every angle that everything else gravitates towards. Kinda hard to express what I mean by this but if you look at the Empire State Building, Comcast Center in Philly, the Burj Khalifa, the Shard, even the us bank tower in LA, no matter what angle you look at them it looks like its that anchor piece, and all of the other buildings with angles and curves kind of enhance that angle that they are in relation to it.

Edit: after switching back and forth nonstop between Accordia and Millennium I may like Millennium more because of the office space it adds (once millennium place and one dalton are done we will have almost too much luxury so lets bring some jobs and views to the office workers) and that thing is just clean looking. Not to mention every tower gets approved looking one way and then ends up changing later and I trust Millennium more than anyone else to deliver when that happens.

I like Accordia as well but the tower definitely seems significantly taller than 750 ft (looks near 900 ft and looks nearly 2x the height of 33 Arch Street). To clarify my NYC comment, I think having a tower that has a relatively high podium that sets back into a slim tower is something that is aesthetically pleasing, IMO.

Im 90% sure this area is zoned for 800ft so why not get right up to that, you only get one chance and boston isn't gaining any more land for the future any time soon and the city is expecting to hit 750,000 relatively soon.

To clarify my NYC comment, I think having a tower that has a relatively high podium that sets back into a slim tower is something that is aesthetically pleasing, IMO.

Understandable! Thank you for the clarification!

(And go huskies!)

Im 90% sure this area is zoned for 800ft so why not get right up to that, you only get one chance and boston isn't gaining any more land for the future any time soon and the city is expecting to hit 750,000 relatively soon.

I agree, but can anyone confirm whether the Accordia is actually 750ft or is that a typo.

I like Accordia as well but the tower definitely seems significantly taller than 750 ft (looks near 900 ft and looks nearly 2x the height of 33 Arch Street). To clarify my NYC comment, I think having a tower that has a relatively high podium that sets back into a slim tower is something that is aesthetically pleasing, IMO.

Yeah, it looks VERY tall.

I tried researching Accordia Partners and CV Properties; unless I overlooked something, they have not developed anything big. With no track record, unlikely to get the nod.

So in that case Millennium, trinity, Fallon, or (I hope not) Belkin/Trans National. I am just really disappointed that it is shorter and has a very wide looking massing and less interest than the other imo.

I tried researching Accordia Partners and CV Properties; unless I overlooked something, they have not developed anything big. With no track record, unlikely to get the nod.

That was my first question after I saw the rendering. I think it looks great and it's probably my favorite of the bunch, but I'd hate to see them get picked and then have nothing happen for years.

I'd like to see more of the Fallon proposal. It looks like it could be nice.

Millennium is the best overall imo ... they'd probably have this under construction in no time.

Yeah, it looks VERY tall.

We know that Millennium Tower is 685' (to true top of roof including mech - "crown"), so Accordia's 750' highest occupied floor doesn't look too far off. Accordia's MEP penthouse ("crown") looks equally as dramatic as Millennium Tower's, probably adding another 50', so as rendered, it's probably around 800' to the top of the crown.

I'm also totally in favor of Millennium's proposal. I'd have no problem if they developed/owned all of DTX tbh.

Back