Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

I was just at the BRA and saw the newest version,much better design but still a box,think 1 Federal but with a spire in the corner,but no longer stuck on the side but coming out of the corner of the roof,also the building went straight to the ground, gone is the open plaza!

The soonest you could get us the renderings would of course be just great, but you knew that...

yeah wish I had my camera,maybe tomorrow's paper,s will have something?

you could have picked any building in the world that looks like a box. any particular reason you picked 1 federal?

Just my 1st impression! the top of the building looked that way ,kinda of a twin to the new times building in NYC but with a flat surface and spire in the corner of the roof , No roof garden, all though there were people on the top(observation deck?) It no longer looked like the Pru,I did,nt want to stare at the meeting going on at the time so just my 1st impression![/img]

well i guess that's good news considering that I want to vomit when I see 1 Federal.

I knew this building was going down when CBT and Belkin took creative control. No more plaza or rooftop garden or external elevators (and probably no more reflectors)? I don't care if the design is better or worse, it sounds like CBT took away everything that I liked about the building in the name of being cheap. Now I'm really hoping it doesn't get built.

No need to despair yet, Lexicon. I can tell you that the roof garden still exists, the light reflectors still exist, the glass covered plaza still exists...the only thing not currently in the scope is external elevators.

That's so disappointing that they removed the external elevators...can someone please get down to the BRA and take some pics?! What about the height? Any official changes that you saw? I'm reserving judgment until we get some pics of it...this thing better not suck.

At this point, I'm ready to settle for quantity over quality.....

Christ, people, either make up good buildings or get out of the business of creating buildings.

Part of the problem is that it is a business. Or, at least, only a business. The greatest skyscraper designs have always been motivated by concerns other than maximizing economic efficiency.

The tower itself looked thinner and the spire shorter,very sleek and looked like a sliver colored glass skin with a transparent lighted top,like a said I did,nt want to gawk

I woulda gawked like crazy....were you there during some sort of meeting/presentation?

Do you have an image host? If not, I recommend flickr.

Once your pics are hosted it's as simple as this:

Code:
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1362/1061292104_5abee191ae_m.jpg[/img]

No problem, glad I could help. Can't wait to see your pics!

One more tip:
This ' is an apostrophe. This , is a comma. They are two distinct punctuation marks with separate functions. They are generally not considered to be interchangeable. :)

Back