Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

This project resembles an up-gradable 33 Arch Street with some percs.

1583161045249.png

1583162402922.png

Comparing this to the rendering-
Big Brother (all grown up)
Better Topping- Lighting
Better Glass (Based on the picture)
Stands up straight
vs

Younger Brother
basic design besides the curb
exterior is painful

1583162438278.png

Henry -- you gotta use a globe not a flat Google Map

The easiest way to understand things is that when you stand on a spot on the earth the same stars directly over your head will be back in the same place 24 hour later. So if the Sun was to behave like the rest of the Universe we would always have 24 hour days with the Sun above the horizon for 12 hours-- this is true only on the Equator.

Go to:

to do your own experimenting

An easy tool to see where shadows are cast is the site below. Put in the locations, building height and play around with the day and drag the sun around.

SunCal

An easy tool to see where shadows are cast is the site below. Put in the locations, building height and play around with the day and drag the sun around.

SunCal
Boston -- that's a Mahvelous way to look like you are doing something important :cool:
By the way it looks as if Winthrop Sq casts a shadow on Long Wharf on the afternoon of Nov 5
quick someone better tell daDon's NIMBY's

^^^This is going to dominate that view down Devonshire and cap what is already the best canyon in the whole city.

I know Millennium and Handel like concrete -- but I'm surprised there seems to be no sign of steel as yet
The big hole in the middle [Great Room aka Connector] is much easier to do with steel or even engineered wood than with concrete

Anybody directly involved with the project care to set the record straight -- concrete core and steel or just concrete

I count 10 birds flying in that pic! Did I miss any? Love the pic for many reasons.

Yes, I think you did! I count eleven. Funny how when I first looked at that pic I didn't see any birds. Just noticed your post now and had to zoom in for a closer look.

The architectural textural layering of buildings from nearly all perspectives is going to be fantastic when this project is finished.

One thing that's so neat about this project is how, given the intensely intimate--yet panoramic--clustering of Winthrop Sq.'s skyline, how many immediate "yardsticks" there are, wrapping the full 360-degree compass, to juxtapose its vertical progress vs.:

1 Winthrop Sq.,
100 Arch St.,
10 Winthrop Sq.
20 Winthrop Sq.
77 Franklin St.

all ranging between 75-130 feet, I imagine, given published data on their # of floors. Then there's...

133 Fed.: 149 ft. per this.
75 Fed.: 240 ft. estimate based on 21 floors.
160 Fed. 280 ft. estimate based on 24 floors.
101 Fed.: 381 ft. per this
100 Summer.: 450 ft. per this
100 Fed.: 591 ft. per this.

Barring unforeseen catastrophe, I'm guessing it eclipses 133 Fed. by the 4th of July, 75 Fed. by Halloween, and reaches the crown of 101 Fed. by Christmas...

Back