Yotel Hotel | SPSQ parcel J | 65 Seaport Blvd | South Boston Waterfront

Damn mood lighting. I hope they do a good job cleaning the sheets after each couple!

The rooms look like something out of Tokyo.

This thing didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would, as long as you don't look at it from the backside. It'll be interesting to see how it ages. If Yotel was really going all-out for the "first class airline cabin" feel, they could've done some very interesting things to the exterior shape of the building and to the windows.

The whole ground level aspect of this building feels VERY sterile. Similar thoughts for portions of the interior. Just kind of dry and sterile.

My biggest concern is walking by. Couldn't they spice up the outside with some planters or something?

The whole ground level aspect of this building feels VERY sterile. Similar thoughts for portions of the interior. Just kind of dry and sterile.

My biggest concern is walking by. Couldn't they spice up the outside with some planters or something?

Agreed. Also, the SilverLine head house on the left side of Yotel looks ugly as f*ck! Looks like a bombed out hole. Wish they would at least cover up the rusty ceilings. And yes, planters along the front would help bigly.

Did you guys notice the road between Shake Shack and Yotel has now been completed - but they've put Jersey barriers there? UGH. Assuming they're waiting to put in a set of traffic lights there?

Yotel put some outdoor seating/patio on the side closest to the road into Ft Point. Would like to see them activate this somehow. On an 80 degree night, there wasn't one person on the patio.

Yotel put some outdoor seating/patio on the side closest to the road into Ft Point. Would like to see them activate this somehow. On an 80 degree night, there wasn't one person on the patio.

It is not Yotel's property. It's part of the Thomson Place development which will be starting construction in the next couple of weeks with a renovation and upgrade to the "plaza / patio" behind the Yotel, along with 47 Farnsworth (New Trillium Brew House) and 44 Thomson.

Also - who the hell approved an asphalt sidewalk instead of bricks (next to courthouse station/Yotel)?!? It looks terrible.

Also - who the hell approved an asphalt sidewalk instead of bricks (next to courthouse station/Yotel)?!? It looks terrible.

It's temporary and will part of the renovations to 44 Thomson and the Plaza.

mdd is the owner of Yotel. He has all the answers.

cca

Glad the truck driver found a convenient place to park, in the bike lane.

Yotel is potentially looking to build another hotel in the Boston-area, possibly in Cambridge per Jon Chesto at the Globe.

I don't know if you guys agree, but Yotel feels extremely sterile on the ground level. Outside could use some planters or something, at least!

Good to hear they want to build another hotel though.

I don't know if you guys agree, but Yotel feels extremely sterile on the ground level. Outside could use some planters or something, at least!

Doesn't this apply to pretty much every new development in the Seaport?

Doesn't this apply to pretty much every new development in the Seaport?

HA! Yes. Certainly does...But some feel a little better than others. I was walking by Strega Waterfront earlier today and thought how much value was added by having a ton of plants/greenery outside of the sterile building.

Yotel could use some spicing up particularly in the entry area outside. Their side patio isn't so bad.

It took the Greenway a few years to fill out, to take on it's own persona, it'll happen to the Seaport as well.

^Exactly. Were just hitting our stride now with parcels M, pier 4, waterside phase B coming online next. Trust me when I say that Parcel M will be the defining moment when this goes from project to real neighborhood. Especially because pier 4 will be done by the time parcel M wraps up. Its still in that middle ground right now where theres some pretty visible gaps but they're slowly but surely coming into their own. Its already miles ahead of just 1 year ago and from this point on it has at least reached semi filled in neighborhood status with its own identity and from here on out will continue to fill out, even more projects will be planned, and it will become its own nice little place with its own unique identity. I already love it here and it just became walkable within the last 4 months. Im already seeing friends posting pictures on facebook from yotels roofdeck and it literally just opened.

Back