⚫ One Marina Park @ Fan Pier | One Marina Park Drive | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

It better be, that area needs to be buttoned up stat as it will be the dockage and staging area when the Volvo Ocean Race fleet stops in Boston in May. It would be quite the joke in the yachting world if the fleet showed up to a dusty construction site when they were promised a gleaming new yacht harbor and associated amenities. At the rate they're going with Fan Pier at large they should scrap Boston now and give Newport the honor or at the very least stage everything at Rowes Wharf.

Rowe's Wharf: what keeps its good example from emulation?

i agree with kmp1284, but doesn't Joe Fallon have a stake in the US team (is it team puma?) and is hence why they are using his development to dock these boats.

I don't know if Fallon has an interest in Puma, he very well may. I'll find out though.

today 10 more floors to go!
048.jpg

Is this the Vertex building or was this always planned as a spec building? I heard the Vertex deal is now tottering under the weight of Vertex's (un)balance sheet.

This one was spec. from the beginning, and then started becoming the Vertex building I believe. Now maybe it's not again....

Hi All,
Long time reader, first time poster! I was in Boston last Friday, 10/17, and captured this shot of Fan Pier and the Waterfront mid-rise buildings from Long Warf...

2959558760_3a511a0507_b.jpg

Your name looks familiar ... did you used to post on the old skyscraperguy board?

Thanks for the updates!

Excellent memory Mike! Yes, I use to post to the old Skyscaperguy page. To bad about that site as it was a good, informative site with some great pictures and posts. Content from site would/could have been a great archive to this site...

Below is a shot of the SB Waterfront to downtown taken while landing at Logan from last March.

2964274902_38917aa3c4.jpg

John

^Wait. You used an approved electronic device BELOW 10,000 ft. and the the plane didn't crash and aircraft elsewhere weren't crashing into each other? How does that happen?

Even with the mediocre buildings that have been built in SB, I have to say, when all the lots are filled up with buildings of similar height, it will look pretty awesome thanks to the incredible density.

^ And how will the experience be at street level?

^ And how will the experience be at street level?

Well aren't they adding restaurants throughout South Boston and planning to build a mall? Stick a movie theater cafes and a supermarket and there's your street level activities.

You mean we can have the street level charm of Route 9 in Natick right in the city?

Well aren't they adding restaurants throughout South Boston and planning to build a mall? Stick a movie theater cafes and a supermarket and there's your street level activities.

Most of the buildings there present nothing more than blank walls of tinted glass and concrete to the street - which is usually set back behind a few feet of grass.

You either enter through the One Defined Entrance or the parking garage. There is zero incentive to walk around and see what's there. It's a place to designed to be accessed by car.

Most of the buildings there present nothing more than blank walls of tinted glass and concrete to the street - which is usually set back behind a few feet of grass.

You either enter through the One Defined Entrance or the parking garage. There is zero incentive to walk around and see what's there. It's a place to designed to be accessed by car.

I said adding as in it's not built yet. Give it a few years time. I remember there was an article about it somewhere that had a map showing new restaurants in the mix.

Back