⚫ One Marina Park @ Fan Pier | One Marina Park Drive | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

Ambition doesn't contaminate water does it? Cuz this building just OOZES ambition.....

IMO, the symetrical squares simbolize the unity of all the american people and the monotony of everyday life in the modern united states....nah..its boring. W/E, its better than a parking lot :p

Do precast panels somehow help with LEED certification? Ever since Menino passed the LEED law precast panels have taken over. Is it merely cost or is there some energy saving or efficiency gain you get from using them?

Do precast panels somehow help with LEED certification? Ever since Menino passed the LEED law precast panels have taken over. Is it merely cost or is there some energy saving or efficiency gain you get from using them?

Nope; they're cheap. They cover a lot of facade area very quickly. That's why developers love them.

Fan Pier will apparently be LEED Silver. I don't know if anyone has pics taken from the ICA side, but it looks like that side will be full height glass curtainwall.

01-09-09 clear glass not sure if this will go all the way to the top?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbos010.jpg

somthing tells me its just ground level stuff, but what do I know....

I am pretty sure that whole side of the building will be a glass facade. In most of the renderings of these buildings, they had one-glass-sided buildings.

this will be all glass to the top,not sure if it will be this clear
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

1/10:

(damn dust spots!)

img4624om3.jpg

Look, it fits in perfectly!

img4633va9.jpg

img4634rx9.jpg

img4635jm9.jpg

img4637hs1.jpg

img4638vx4.jpg

img4639jn0.jpg

img4640rs4.jpg

img4642jb7.jpg

img4696ws4.jpg

God Save the Seaport, that is ugly.

kz, for all your pics -- THANKS!

God that seaport looks so barren. Is this really in the middle of a major metropolitan area?

They don't build 'em like they used to.

Fan Pier might end up being a bust. The country is heading for a depression. Everybody is beginning to get wiped out rich, middleclass. I would like to know who is going to pay for this overpriced real estate for commercial, residential developement? Great idea but I think wrong timing.

Good luck to this developer. Glad to see he believes the glass is still half full.

Fan Pier might end up being a bust. The country is heading for a depression. Everybody is beginning to get wiped out rich, middleclass. I would like to know who is going to pay for this overpriced real estate for commercial, residential developement? Great idea but I think wrong timing.

Good luck to this developer. Glad to see he believes the glass is still half full.
The Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building and 40 Wall Street (70 stories) were built in the early years of the Great Depression.

Everything that is built has value in the LONG-Term. But how long are you going to wait for a project to be profitable? 20-50 Years?

The Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building and 40 Wall Street (70 stories) were built in the early years of the Great Depression.

Or as it was called after it was completed 'The Empty State Building'.

They were financed and planned before the Crash.

Back