đź”· Open Thread

Here, here! The stupid Department of Labor won't even let 12 year olds work 24 hour shifts anymore!!! RIP America.

Hello Forum Family,

I am climbing the Hancock Tower tomorrow for MS research--my mom has the disease. If you or any family/friends would be willing to donate to the cause, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you.
-DShoost88

Cities Skylines Flooded City

[youtube]_oWHNWK3mnE[/youtube]

Cities : Skylines *EXCLUSIVE* : Rail Transport Gameplay

[youtube]lvsa4s_BqyU[/youtube]

Cities : Skylines *EXCLUSIVE* : Pierce Uses 2 Different Train Lines To Commute Home

[youtube]lOvXKL28rXs[/youtube]

Oh, no one's mentioned the Robert Durst 6-part miniseries on HBO (last episode this upcoming Sunday night).

It's quite amazing. Not much about the Durst Organization as a developer, but that's kind of beside the point.

If you're not familiar with the story (I wasn't, really) the short of it is, millionaire son of prominent NYC developer is suspected of killing his (first) wife in the early 1980s, suspected of later murdering a (female) friend, and admitted killer of a man in Texas, to which he was found not guilty of first-degree murder due to a claim of self-defense.

Currently free although potential evidence found during the filming of the documentary has led to California police considering new charges

http://www.hbo.com/the-jinx-the-life-and-deaths-of-robert-durst#/

Neat photo on the City of Boston Archives' webpage today.

This is looking down Boylston Street from (presumably?) 360 Newbury, with the Auditorium subway tunnel in center.

tumblr_nlb4rkE7271rrufk0o1_1280.jpg

Section 2 from roof of Cab Company building, 1912 December 16, Transit Commission photographs

Source: http://cityofbostonarchives.tumblr....tion-2-from-roof-of-cab-company-building-1912

I love that shot. Even today you can see the outline of the station from Boylston St or the Pike. It'd love to see more construction photos in this area since the Back Bay has different elevations (as shown here).

Mass Senate President Stan Rosenburg doing an AMA on Reddit on Monday at 12 noon. Will post on Monday with a link.

Sounds like a good place to ask all about the T & the Olympics.

I'm studying in Sydney this semester so I will periodically share some photos I take of the city's buildings/architecture. Here are a few from my stay in Melbourne:
Melbourne skyline

View from the mantra hotel

Another angle

These look familiar although I never used public transit in Melbourne

And some pictures of Sydney:

Close up of the opera house

From the ferry to manly beach

Harbor

Anzac bridge

Thought this looked familiar as well

Blurry shot but the subway system here is unbelievable (considering I'm used to the mbta)

I want to live here at coogee beach

I'd highly recommend flying over to Auckland, NZ for a weekend if you get a chance!

Everything I've seen of Melbourne looks incredible. I really hope to get out there some time.

I'm going to Christchurch next weekend and roadtripiping the south island, but if anyone has any particular buildings or construction projects in sydney they want updates on I can take pictures and do limited research on. I know Sydney is famous for its harbor bridge (1932) and the opera house (1973) but let me know what you want updates on, ill be in Sydney, Brisbane, cairns, new zealand's south island

I check in on the old homestead every once in a while. There are some good conversations over there. Glad to see it still frozen in amber.

LOL! Someone must have accidentally deleted some data points. But who was in charge of proofing this?!

LOL! Someone must have accidentally deleted some data points. But who was in charge of proofing this?!

Right? I'd be ever so slightly more willing to forgive if it was a convention flyer for like an organization based in Omaha or something, but this is the freaking BAA! They live and breathe Boston!

Back