đź”· Open Thread

Mustering my best Goofy laugh, but seriously, no, not at all. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

When was the last time you ever felt a positive emotion?

Surly-Duff.jpg

Best April Fool's you'll probably see today, courtesy of the Guggenheim NYC on Facebook:

Announcing Guggenheim Museum Expansion!
Updated 37 minutes ago
NEW YORK, NY - April 1, 2013 - We are pleased to announce that beginning today, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum will begin construction to expand the original Frank Lloyd Wright design by an additional 13 floors. How do you like our new look? Renderings courtesy of Oiio Architecture Office.

525416_10151539131183501_615438604_n.jpg

168504_10151539131133501_1088018_n.jpg

67854_10151539131123501_974273038_n.jpg

603932_10151539131148501_820311331_n.jpg

I don't know. Let's ask the judges what they think.

Judges?

yyoN0X0.jpg

Omg, who the hell would clad a building with a highly flammable material?

I sit here typing this as I glare at the IBC handbook sitting right next to me on my desk.

Question: how do you guys spend your time on the internet now that this board is officially, inescapably, irreversibly DEAD?

Dead??? This is the most amount of construction going on in Boston in 5 years! What are you talking about?

Dead??? This is the most amount of construction going on in Boston in 5 years! What are you talking about?

It seems like the amount of actual posting activity has declined, even in spite of the huge increase in construction. Or at least that there's a huge disparity between construction and activity and posting activity?

Does no one else get this sense?

It seems like the amount of actual posting activity has declined, even in spite of the huge increase in construction. Or at least that there's a huge disparity between construction and activity and posting activity?

Does no one else get this sense?

I've got the same sense. The posting has slowed down a lot ever since Whighlander stopped his foolishness. He was the one driving so many discussions (albeit ALL off track).

Doesn't feel dead at all to me!

But I liked whighlander. It was good to have the perspective of someone who's older than all of us, and who has lived here longer.

Doesn't feel dead at all to me!

But I liked whighlander. It was good to have the perspective of someone who's older than all of us, and who has lived here longer.

If you really miss him, here you go:
http://www.wikipedia.org/

Start browsing. That warm fuzzy feeling of ridiculously irrelevant information will come rushing back to you.

The political rants drove alot of people away I think. The thread which all of the politics got segregated into was too little too late. I had my own small part in railing topics off course as well, but what we're left with is rather dull. It seems some of those who broke away have already come back though.

I think forum activity is on the rise, but not at the same pace in which construction is.

Which Wikipedia pages has he been editing on Boston architecture and history? I was unaware of this.

Which Wikipedia pages has he been editing on Boston architecture and history? I was unaware of this.

No, every single one of his posts, whether it related to the topic or not, was a straight text-dump from Wikipedia.

I've been busy...

And honestly, there isn't a project underway at the moment that I find particularly compelling. This construction boom is full of boring buildings, and some utter crap.

One could make a joke about that - The hottest place in town for casual, anonymous sex.

I thought DCR had a plan to start controlling those invasive reed stalks in the Fens that choke the Muddy to death whenever they're not catching on fire?

Back