10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

My complaint with Accluobond is that it is almost always used as a flat panel. I'm sure I've seen other applications where they have a textured or 3D element, but I think they are incredibly rare?

Edit to add that using a metal to mimic metal works better than using it to mimic stone or wood.

Hot damn. The fins/fake flanges MAKE this. Fantastic architecture.

This was going to be fantastic right from the first render. Great job. Great Job, owner for trusting the designers, great job designers for having some guts and vision, and good job builder for finishing this thing off with quality.

Now ... can we have more of this kind of trust between all the players on future work?

cca

This was going to be fantastic right from the first render. Great job. Great Job, owner for trusting the designers, great job designers for having some guts and vision, and good job builder for finishing this thing off with quality.

Now ... can we have more of this kind of trust between all the players on future work?

cca

Not a touch of VE on the facade. Any other design & construction team would have VE'd those fins at the drop of a hat. Good on them for making the vision a reality. I'm sure it wasn't cheap, but the built environment absolutely benefits from their steady hand & mind.

This one's a winner.
Front exterior complete:
uvwEbS9.jpg

Back/side almost complete:
Xc1qSES.jpg

It's a decent building yes. But I don't get the uncritical love for this building. It's nothing special imho.

I think its good for what it is. Its a piece that fits its way into the fabric of the fort point area while being something completely different and new besides the square shape and height. Sometimes the best additions don't look like additions at all and this does its job well. Its like a perfect modern take on its neighbors directly next door without trying too hard, but at the same time still trying, unlike what we sometimes get where its like wow there was 0 effort put into this (waterside place). This took effort to get right but not to stick out and say look at me, so I think its a success.

^^ Word.

How about 50 floors of this at Winthrop Square?

I pointed this out to my girl and she said "it looks nice!" and that's the end of that cool story.

38838045645_75466b52bb_b.jpg

Best project ... really nicely done. I wish I had designed that thing.

cca

I guess you can do a nice facade when the units sell for $2.6 M to $7.5 M each.

Back