100 Pier 4 | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Re: Pier 4

Does anyone know why this design was scrapped, it looks 100x better than the new version and would have been probably the nicest building in the whole seaport district if built. My guess would have to be cost....but come on we need development like this for the area to become world class as opposed to developments like waterside place. Not to mention the cladding in the new design looks strikingly simliar to waterside place other than the longer gaps in the precast in some spots. Either way in the end its a net gain for the seaport.

Pier_4%20daytime%20final.jpg.ashx

Pier_4%20nighttime%20final.jpg.ashx

I don't think that it has been scrapped - yet. It is shown as "Office Tower Opportunity" here. This is the proposed building that is just north of the building currently under construction, and is shown as "HOTEL/RESIDENTIAL OR OFFICE BUILDING" on the site plan.

Could that be a rendering of the middle building of the three building project?

Lol I posted as you did and am glad not to have gotten it right. I thought the newest concept for it was hotel/residential with the final building out on the pier being condo units?

Lol I posted as you did and am glad not to have gotten it right. I thought the newest concept for it was hotel/residential with the final building out on the pier being condo units?

I think that you are right, but they are keeping their options open for the middle building should the right office tenant be interested.

I think that you are right, but they are keeping their options open for the middle building should the right office tenant be interested.

"1/3rd of the total density of large Seaport projects will be residential."

-- BRA mantra 2000-2010

"With the exception of Fan Pier, Channel Center, Pier 4 and Seaport Square. ;)"

-- BRA mantra 2010-

Since the Red Bull cliff-diving contest was in the immediate area of Pier 4, I figured I'd
post the pics here. Some spectacular photo's of the divers framed by the ICA, Fan Pier, the city, and the harbor!

http://www.wcvb.com/news/entertainm.../-/auedvkz/-/index.html#.UhzgJo-DNr4.facebook

A fun event. I remember having dinner at Anthony's last year the night before the competition and seeing Greg Louganis and all of the divers came in for dinner.

The crane for Pier 4 is behind the mast on the left. The crane on the right is work in progress at the PWC site.

You can see the core in the back right. Crappy cell pic from Friday.

Back