100 Pier 4 | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Re: Pier 4

The good news here is, all four major new developments in the area are actually underway.

Seaport Square- Has 3 buildings under construction/operating.
Fan Pier - Has one completed building, 2 more almost complete, a temporary building complete and operating, first residential building broken ground.
Pier 4 - Has this thing poking it's head out.
Waterside Place - is although underwhelming, is under construction.

Hopefully 315 & Waterside show similar numbers and success as we are seeing at the new Millennium downtown, and we could really start seeing something down here.

Yup, this was my first time being down in the seaport since I believe June and the level of activity going on there was noticeably up, and this being on top of the considerable activity going on even then! Great to see how many massive parking lots are finally biting the dust.

Does this project have a general timeline yet? Are we going to see more than one Pier 4 building going up at the same time or is this a one-at-a-time job?

Does this project have a general timeline yet? Are we going to see more than one Pier 4 building going up at the same time or is this a one-at-a-time job?

I've been asking the same question. Im not sure anyone knows for sure, but no one has said that the other lots weren't happening anymore. Also, the billboards outside on the fences outside the current construction lot seem to indicate that all of the "Quincy Market 2" development is still happening in the next phases.

Wasn't there talk about reopening a restaurant in the Anthony space in the interim? That gave me some doubts.

I've been asking the same question. Im not sure anyone knows for sure, but no one has said that the other lots weren't happening anymore. Also, the billboards outside on the fences outside the current construction lot seem to indicate that all of the "Quincy Market 2" development is still happening in the next phases.

Type -- I remember reading somewhere that its sequential with the actual footprint of Anthony's the last piece of the project

^Thanks whighlander! That sounds very promising.

The core alone from the residential component is filling in a big gap.

This development might bring hope to the Seaport.

Riff --- HUH???? --- you are in a deep Time Warp -- Let me give you a quick refresher about what you apparently missed -- Anthony is dead the Courthouse has been built and several Million Sq. ft., hundreds of residences and hotel rooms are under construction

Oh and by the way Seaport has now been replaced by the somewhat more appropriate Seaport / Innovation District

The Seaport / Innovation district is one of the busiest development environments in the entire US

I was talking to a buddy that has clients up in that part of Boston and he was telling my how packed the restaurants are - especially places like Del Friscos. He never saw the endless sea of parking spots and open lots that were there 5 years ago.

I was talking to a buddy that has clients up in that part of Boston and he was telling my how packed the restaurants are - especially places like Del Friscos. He never saw the endless sea of parking spots and open lots that were there 5 years ago.

Czerv -- 40 years ago when I would go walk-about as a release from studying, etc. at MIT -- once you walked past the last of the Boston Wharf Co. buildings -- there weren't even a sea of parking lots -- just a lot of Papas' broken-down warehouses, broken pavement, some left over track and Anthony's from the water in-land until you got to Summer St -- then the city resumed

Get ready for the feel of the area to drastically change. No more wide open spaces (well, sorta) and no more ICA feeling lost in a vacuum of parking lots. This will add such a sense of enclosure to the ICA, Whiskey Priest and Seaport Blvd, finally.

Is anyone else worried about this project? The renderings do not inspire confidence, and after seeing what the area is capable of down the road at Waterside Place....

This is such a key plot in tying the Seaport together, it must turn out well, right? That said, pretty incredible to see four very active construction sites within just this handful of blocks with Envoy, Pier 4, 22 Liberty, and PwC.

Is anyone else worried about this project? The renderings do not inspire confidence, and after seeing what the area is capable of down the road at Waterside Place....

This is such a key plot in tying the Seaport together, it must turn out well, right? That said, pretty incredible to see four very active construction sites within just this handful of blocks with Envoy, Pier 4, 22 Liberty, and PwC.

What block/parcel is the PwC building?

Get ready for the feel of the area to drastically change. No more wide open spaces (well, sorta) and no more ICA feeling lost in a vacuum of parking lots. This will add such a sense of enclosure to the ICA, Whiskey Priest and Seaport Blvd, finally.

Yes, to piggy back off this thought. Watermark (aka shit sandwich), the two Veretex buildings, 319 A street, and the D Flat apts, will all be coming online within the next 6 months. That is going to be a lot of added activity, not to far after that some Seaport and another Fan Pier building will be built. The street life will surround the remaining (and diminishing) parking lots. Come next spring there will be much pedistrian activy starting in Downtown, over Fort Point and into South Boston. It will be continuous.

Can we please refer to Waterside Place as "shit sandwich" from here on out?

Back