easement at Pier 4 for “Easement A1” pursuant to an Order of
Taking dated May 22, 2003 and a plan entitled “Boston
Redevelopment Authority – Deliver Parcel Plan, Parcels A1 &
A2, Northern Avenue, South Boston” both recorded from
Anthony’s Hawthorne, Inc. to the BRA; to petition the Public
Improvements Commission for the grant by the landowner of a
new pedestrian and utility easement; and, to execute all
necessary documents.

Anyone know what they are talking about?

http://bostonredevelopmentauthority...Board Meeting Agenda for 11-17-11 (draft).pdf

Re: New residential mid-tower set for Pier 4

The BRA board needed an explanation, too.

As far as I could tell, what happened is that Anthony's had given the BRA an easement on a (small) piece of land near Pier 4. Now that redevelopment plans for that parcel are becoming a reality, they needed to terminate the easement, basically giving the rights to the land back to the owner of Pier 4.

Please, please, please, please, please don't change the design on this. This is exactly what we need here. Don't change a thing.

meeting tonight
Pier 4 Meeting
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm

Division-Department: Economic Development - BRA
Description: Meeting to discuss NPC filed by NED for the Pier 4 project
Neighborhood: South Boston
Email: Geoffrey.Lewis.BRA@cityofboston.gov

So is Anthony's still open as a restaurant? I haven't been able to figure it out. The parking lot is full, but presumably for day commuters. But I see people inside the lobby - valets or customers?

How many people work next door to where they live? I don't know of any. Maybe Vertex employees will move there, I don't know. Not many. Some people who live in the South End work in mid-Back Bay, so maybe I'm wrong. But even that has some distance between the two worlds.

John -- there are quite a few MIT Professors who live in 100 Mem Drive, there are a number of MIT Professors who are House Masters in the various dorms and recently now there several professors living at the complex on 3rd St. in Kendall Sq.

All of those are on the campus or right next door -- this is a perfect model for the Pier 4 and Fan Pier as residences for SPID employees

John -- there are quite a few MIT Professors who live in 100 Mem Drive, there are a number of MIT Professors who are House Masters in the various dorms and recently now there several professors living at the complex on 3rd St. in Kendall Sq.

All of those are on the campus or right next door -- this is a perfect model for the Pier 4 and Fan Pier as residences for SPID employees

Also, I'm pretty sure that certain doctors/surgeons are required to live in very close proximity to hospitals, so often times you'll see doctors living in apartment complexes or streets a stone's throw away from the hospitals in which they work. (Brookline & Jamaica Plain house many LMA doctors, South End houses many Boston Medical doctors, etc.)

Also, I'm pretty sure that certain doctors/surgeons are required to live in very close proximity to hospitals, so often times you'll see doctors living in apartment complexes or streets a stone's throw away from the hospitals in which they work. (Brookline & Jamaica Plain house many LMA doctors, South End houses many Boston Medical doctors, etc.)

DsHoost and John -- let's not forget that the President of the US lives a short interior walk from the West Wing and the Oval Office

In many states -- but not in Massachusetts -- something about the last Royal Governor -- the Governor lives in a Governor's Mansion typicaly across or up the street from the State Capital

e.g. Texas

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gover...Mansion,+West+9th+Street,+Austin,+TX&t=h&z=17

1) I had a client last week who is working at Millennium Pharmaceuticals and wanted to live across the street.
2) Does the city own the Parkman House and is it on Park Street and what's in there now? It was the mayor's mansion / house at one point?

APPROVED last night.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...15/bra-board-approves-projects-across-boston/

BRA Board Approves Pier 4

Private investment / project cost, phase I: $150 million

Total square footage, phase I: 373,000 square feet

Construction jobs, phase I: 400

Housing, phase I: 383 residential units, 35 on site affordable housing units in phase 1, and 50 on site innovation units

The Innovation District’s momentum continues with the BRA Board’s unanimous approval of phase 1 of the Pier 4 project, a three phase project located at 136-146 Northern Avenue on 9.5 acres. Phase 2 and 3 will be approved as specific projects are submitted to the BRA Board for review. The approval of Pier 4 just one month after the approval of 319 A Street answers the call for housing in the area.

Phase 1 is a $150 million project that will transform an existing restaurant, patio, surface parking, and deteriorating pier into a vibrant, waterfront mixed-use complex with 625,000 square feet of residential space, 20,000 square feet of public civic space, and 20,000 square feet of ground floor retail space. Thirty-five of the residential units created in phase 1 will be affordable, and 50 of the residential units will be innovation housing. When phases 2 and 3 are submitted to the BRA for review, there will be additional affordable housing.

Pier 4 will enhance the public’s interaction with the harbor by creating new waterfront open space areas, including a one-acre Waterfront Park, Waterfront Plaza, 1,800 feet of Harborwalk, the Water Commons consisting of a water taxi landing area and covered waiting area, public restrooms, and the All-Seasons Gathering Area linking to the civic space. The deteriorating pier will undergo significant repairs, and the area will house a “touch and go” dock, fish cleaning station and bait and tackle shop. Additionally, approximately $2 million will be contributed to improved water transportation services in the District.

As part of the District’s development into a 24-hour neighborhood, Pier 4 will bring residential, hotel, retail/restaurant, civic, and commercial uses to the waterfront. Boston’s waterfront economy will be strengthened, and the Pier 4 project will create a new community on Boston’s waterfront. Parking will move below ground opening surface area space for pedestrian use. Community activities in new, open waterfront space will be created, and a pedestrian and vehicular network across the 9.5 acres will be built improving the physical and visual access of the public to the harbor.

The development team includes New England Development LLC, architects ADD Inc, and legal counsel, Goulston & Storrs, P.C. Phase I will create 400 construction jobs.

The Innovation District is an area on the South Boston Waterfront focused on attracting startup companies and innovation industries. Over 90 companies and 2,800 new jobs have moved to the Innovation District since the Mayor announced the creation of the district in January 2010.

ran across this ... I don't think it's been posted before:

imagegen.ashx

http://hanoverco.com/capital-markets/hanover-pier-4

Damn, I was hoping they'd start with the beautiful on-pier buildings instead of the generic precast stump. Alright, let's hurry up and get this shit pile finished so we can eventually get to the good stuff!

Oh dear. I didn't think it could get worse than One Marina Park Dr. It apparently can.

Oh dear. I didn't think it could get worse than One Marina Park Dr. It apparently can.

What I don't understand is how that's supposed to be primarily housing. There are no balconies for 90% of the project...and it looks exactly like the horrible office building next door to it. There's zero appeal to it whatsoever.

I actually just sent them an email asking if that was an accurate rendition because the building looks so hideous. Wondering what kind of reply I'll get...if any.

Edit: I just looked at the form and it said my resume has been submitted to the company and they'll contact me? Hmmm...well if I get this job, I know what my first order of business will be...though it'd require me to move to Houston--yuck.

No idea what that Hanover rendering is. Like most renderings, I suspect it's just a placeholder just to present the site to investors and prospects.

Here's another, I think probably more in line with what will be built.

http://www.arrowstreet.com/project.php?p=42&c=7

My guess is that Add Inc. hasn't had their final design approved yet.

Miami called and wants that back.

This site screams for floor to ceiling glass and balconies!!!

Back