101 Seaport Blvd (PwC) | Parcel L1@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

I know I am in the minority here, but I really think this is a solid project. It is quality materials, good massing. It is not exciting, but sometimes I would rather have something restrained and timeless than something trendy. I am going to give this high marks.

cca

She's a beauty! I especially love the close-up of her face.

+2. The high quality of the materials really helps this one.

Perhaps it's the best building down there because it's the only one to really accept that it's just a glass box. All the others try to add snazzy shapes or different materials but in the end it's just more glass boxes. Here it's as if the architects just embraced the glass box and did it as best they could. THAT is good architecture.

I hate everything about it.

I actually like Boston City Hall more than I like this building.

I hate everything about it.

I actually like Boston City Hall more than I like this building.

Why?? -- do you like gratuitous piles of brick and concrete or perhaps you enjoy wasted interior courtyards?

That doesn't make sense! You sure it wasn't hate, hate, love? Hate the rendering, hate the construction, love the final outcome?? #confused

Out of curiosity and late night boredom I checked back in the thread to find what the true order was-- turns out this guy started off all love, no hate. Took until comment #76, five months into construction and post-topping out for RandomWalk to come along and say: "This one's a chunky bastard without its clothes on yet." I figured that was more hate than love.

I, who have been tired of the seaport glass box craze, love this one! The massing is great and overall looks like a jewel.

Didn't think I was gonna come away with a photo of this one today, but then I came around a corner and bam, I saw this shot right in front of me:
19562887565_dbe0686b65_c.jpg

^That looks like a cheap knock-off of the Vornado 1-Franklin Building that thankfully never got built.

Another benefit this building assures: The glass box provides the ultimate in job security-for window washers...

Back