101 Seaport Blvd (PwC) | Parcel L1@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Didn't think I was gonna come away with a photo of this one today, but then I came around a corner and bam, I saw this shot right in front of me:
19562887565_dbe0686b65_c.jpg

This project remains me of my college years when a professor of mine would call this approach as "the ultimate expression of how to abuse a specific material, its application & its construction method, as a result of a fixed fetish among the architects & developers behind it"

I really don't understand the angst here. It's a filler office building, not intending to be some innovative architectural marvel. once the rest of the neighborhood is filled out, you wont even notice it. It's sleek, non-offensive and if the ground floor has retail / commercial amenity space, will help the area.

I really don't understand the angst here. It's a filler office building, not intending to be some innovative architectural marvel. once the rest of the neighborhood is filled out, you wont even notice it. It's sleek, non-offensive and if the ground floor has retail / commercial amenity space, will help the area.
+1

PWC is not looking for a splashy, call-attention-to-myself building. Their mindset is like that of Liberty Mutual. If the facade was a neo-classical assemblage of brick and pre-cast stone, the howls would be even louder.

^That looks like a cheap knock-off of the Vornado 1-Franklin Building that thankfully never got built.

First, of all, this looks nothing like the Vornado/One Franklin proposal and, second, it doesn't look cheap at all. I suspect that you haven't seen it in person. I walked by yesterday, and the glass appears to be very high quality. I took some photos that I will try to post later. I think the building is coming out quite well and will be a positive for the area.

First, of all, this looks nothing like the Vornado/One Franklin proposal and, second, it doesn't look cheap at all. I suspect that you haven't seen it in person. I walked by yesterday, and the glass appears to be very high quality. I took some photos that I will try to post later. I think the building is coming out quite well and will be a positive for the area.

I agree 100%. My comment was actually referring to the RandomWalk's post previous to mine. Since my post hit the top of the next page, the context was totally lost.

Dirtywater, thanks for a really nice photolog of so many different buildings under construction!

I will say that my expectations of this project are being met. This is simply "solid". Nothing special but high quality. This is something that some of the more splashy projects in this city have missed the target on. We are getting lots and lots of Troy's (which I like) and white precast wonders, but they all are missing some of the essential high quality efforts like this one.

Am am giving this one an A.

cca

PWC is not looking for a splashy, call-attention-to-myself building. Their mindset is like that of Liberty Mutual. If the facade was a neo-classical assemblage of brick and pre-cast stone, the howls would be even louder.
I agree: PWC-as-client/occupant is important here. They're auditors (with a lot of their clients being money-managers) and they've got a great building that is a nice combination of classical order and modern tech.

Solid ... just solid. I continue to be a fan. This is going to be one of those projects that lives up to its rendering.

cca

This is the kind of glass I was hoping for on the new harbor condos next to the court house...would have been such and improvement over the dark smokey look.

Oh yeah, the photos above show this, but, to clarify: all the trees they planted around this site are dead. They're all dead or dying. Looks like they're in the process of replacing a few already.

I feel like the best move would have been to wait until construction was finished before the trees got there/not plant them in the summertime.

Back