270 Third St - 75&125 Binney | East Cambridge (née Mega-Lab)

Re: Mega-Lab in East Cambridge

I've dealt with this before. Companies don't want to move into vacant buildings.. there's just a sigma for it.

I don't have an agenda.. just making a comment on personal experience.

I can affirm this. My roommates work for a startup that gets their lab/warehouse space free from the landlord just because the landlord doesn't want the building empty in the hopes of renting the rest of it out.

Second crane is up near Second Street on Binney.

VvnVkTA.jpg

Binney and 2nd.
UtM6lpx.jpg

Last edited:

Getting very massive very quick. Thanks for the updates!

Has anyone ever seen a rendering of the part of this project that faces the corner of Binney and Third? As I've watched the building go up, I've been surprised at how far that end of the project is set back from Third Street. Are they planning some giant energy-sucking plaza there, or is the idea to add another, smaller structure to the area they've been using for staging and equipment?

Has anyone ever seen a rendering of the part of this project that faces the corner of Binney and Third? As I've watched the building go up, I've been surprised at how far that end of the project is set back from Third Street. Are they planning some giant energy-sucking plaza there, or is the idea to add another, smaller structure to the area they've been using for staging and equipment?

See number 12 item of this thread. They plan to put a 70 unit residence in this open area.

Thank you! I missed that. I couldn't believe that anybody would have thought a streetcorner plaza that size would make sense, but one never knows.

Thank you! I missed that. I couldn't believe that anybody would have thought a streetcorner plaza that size would make sense, but one never knows.

Never ever underestimate the Cambridge moonbat impulse to bloviate that the highest and best use of land in a city is open space.

Never ever underestimate the Cambridge moonbat impulse to bloviate that the highest and best use of land in a city is open space.

Brad -- some part of the Cantabridgian Denizentry is in the earliest possible stages of becoming a bit more tuned to the ideas of growth, development and potentially lower taxes for the residents who own houses

So you never know -- However the typical temporary dweller in some overstuffed apartment is unlikely to care about real estate taxes and so the NIMBYism will of course continue

Back