30 Dalton St. Residences | Back Bay

If anyone is nearby here with a good camera, it'd be worthwhile to repost some new pics. I have to say, the facade in person is coming out extremely nicely. Complaints about the materials were premature. This looks expensive, nicely textured, interesting curvature and great glass. Count me as a fan.

That second picture:

Whoever was the architect for that brick wall building on the left that sucks all humanity out of that small street should be hanged by his thumbs and forced to look at it for the rest of his life.

Side wall and some of the loading entrances for the Hynes Convention Center. I am not sure you can do a whole lot about that effect???

And it faces a horrible parking structure and a bridge over the Mass Pike on the right, so it is not like the other side of the street is the Cours Mirabeau.

That's the side of Hynes I believe.

From 9/5 I actually think this one is looking pretty good. Would have looked better with an extra 200'.

Not a fan of those materials. Too 1980s.

I think DZH22 did get some great, representative pics, so I'm not sure why I feel the need to jump in and say "looks much better in person" - but I still will.

Looks much better in person.

This seems to be the ArchBoston motto.

Absolutely, sometimes to the point of cliche. That said... I agree. A little more height here would have made for a nice step down from the high spine that will not be present in this building (or, for that matter, its future neighbor)

From a purely skyline-aesthetic viewpoint, I think I would have preferred some of the square footage from 1 Dalton going to this one. Either way, it's nice to see this progressing.

I think I gotta agree with Van, this one materials and execution are outdated and lacking imagination

This project feels like a clearance sale: buy this sexy new supertall tower and we'll throw in this 30 year old stubby boy for free!

I think I gotta agree with Van, this one materials and execution are outdated and lacking imagination

Indeed, it's very Nakatomi Plaza. Alas they probably won't stage nightly reenactments of Hans Gruber being defenestrated through the window.

(Man, who knew 'defenestrated' had such utility?!)

Side wall and some of the loading entrances for the Hynes Convention Center. I am not sure you can do a whole lot about that effect???

And it faces a horrible parking structure and a bridge over the Mass Pike on the right, so it is not like the other side of the street is the Cours Mirabeau.

There's no excuse for that. Just saying "the other side is just as bad" is an Indianapolis Colts mentality. One should be responsible for one's own performance. The Hynes is supposed to be run by people who CARE about the city and its image.

Put some windows or a damn mural or something.......

They just took a crap on that street.

Did I fall asleep in a time machine again? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before.

Back