30 Dalton St. Residences | Back Bay

I think this building is the ugliest new tower in Boston. Sad considering how beautiful the rest of the neighborhood is.

Given it's build site, i think it's very nice. And just wait til it gets it's big brother.

i think it's gonna work well with 1 Dalton.

Check out 888 Boylston and 1 Canal.

Last edited:
Drawing on Stick's point from the MT thread, I'm willing to bet that 1 Dalton will definitely allow this to quietly exist in the neighbourhood.

I really don't want to give this one a pass, but after having just spent 15 minutes virtually walking through Battery Park City to refresh my memory about its take on modern urbanism and architecture in the (literal) shadow of 1 WTC, I can't help but wonder what this might have looked with less lazy design. I'll give it this: it executes a really shiny boxy building very well.

I'm just sad that by itself, it's not adding anything other than much needed housing.

From 3/6 Need to get here in the am to see this side better

in that last photo, it's hard to believe they're going to put a 61 story building in that tight space

DZH -- Glue your self down -- that's going to be one amazing view starting in a few months and continuing for quite a while

in that last photo, it's hard to believe they're going to put a 61 story building in that tight space

i was thinking the same. next, i'd love to see the Christian Science Ctr Garage razed (at the southwest corner of the plaza), lake shortened by ~150' and a nice +700' go up to really seal the deal.

Last edited:
i was thinking the same. next, i'd love to see the Christian Science Ctr Garage razed (at the southwest corner of the plaza), lake shortened by a ~150' and a nice +700' go up to really seal the deal.

Odurandina -- do your homework a bit more carefully -- the Christian Science Center Garage is underground

PS: as part of the current development the reflecting pool is being shortened and the tower is being built

i'm talking about the Mass Ave/Huntington Ave end.

If i remember, i'd heard about some low-rise construction planned at that end of the plaza.

i'm talking about the Mass Ave/Huntington Ave end.

If i remember, i'd heard about some low-rise construction planned at that end of the plaza.

Best site for development on that end is the old low rise Midtown Hotel on the other side of Huntington -- but unfortunately there is considerable resistance from the neighborhood behind it

If as expected the FourSeasons is a spectacular new icon of the skyline with a good street-level interface to its surroundings -- then neighborhood NIMBYs might change their mind and in the next development cycle the old Midtown may finally give way to a nice slender tower -- circa 2025

Yes. I figured there would be nimby trouble there. Btw, have you guys ever discussed possible highrises for the parcels at 1065 Boylston Street and the 600' long stretch from 147-181 Mass Ave (after rezoning)? Is there a thread i could read on it?

What about the garage that is right next to the Pike? It's on the bottom right hand side of this photo? Tear it down!
[/QUOTE]

Hilton and Sheraton should feel ashamed. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Yes they should, but having just spent 3 days at a conference at the Hilton, 30 Dalton is no gem either. For a brand new building it feels amazingly dated and stale.

30 Dalton is no gem either. For a brand new building it feels amazingly dated and stale.

Yes, but they had to build a replacement after Tommy Lee Jones dropped the last one in front of lava in 1997.

j8jhj5.png

Back