401 Park Drive (née Landmark Center) | Fenway

Re: Landmark Center Expansion | Fenway

What is currently in the old Best Buy location?

BEST BUY NOOOOOOOOO

... best buy has been gone from there for like 5 years

First, that park demands a beer garden!

^^Coulldn't agree more. Very excited about this area. Samuels is kicking ass – and making a huge play for the future. i wonder if we'll be talking about these guys and other's doing the neighborhood thing so well, being tapped to let West Roxbury rise in a few years.

As much as I'd love to see that happen, there is a massive and powerful NIMBY contingent in West Roxbury dedicated to keeping it suburban. Might be possible in Roslindale, especially if the city comes through on getting an Orange Line extension.

But the thing with what Samuels has done, is that he had a perfect storm, wherein the city rezoned, property owners wanted more density, and a substantial share of residents were transient and not interested in fighting development. There aren't that many places fitting such a description.

Still one in Watertown

Etiquette question: After trying something out at Best Buy is it cool to buy it on Amazon while still in the store or should I wait until I get outside?

Etiquette question: After trying something out at Best Buy is it cool to buy it on Amazon while still in the store or should I wait until I get outside?

Or you can take advantage of Best Buy's price matching and buy it right there and then from Best Buy at Amazon's price...

Or you can take advantage of Best Buy's price matching and buy it right there and then from Best Buy at Amazon's price...

This make a lot more sense now that Amazon is charging sales tax in Mass. No sales tax was an automatic 6.25% discount right off the bat.

Drove by but didn't see start to the new park area. Wonder when it will begin.

^ how do you access news/updates on the new bostonplans.org website? ever since the switch to the new site, i struggle on where to find updates/approvals/etc. as the development projects page no longer allows one to sort by date (i sent them an email about this)

What's the significance of a "demonstration project"? It doesn't sound like the entire project was approved.

I thought that the expansion plans called for some sort of covering over of the Fenway station platform, with the building going right up to the tracks - is this not the case?

Current parking lot / future park is now fenced off

Looks like they are moving the driveway entrances again? I hope that as part of that they realign the lanes on Park Dr (Brookline-bound). Has anyone noticed that at the split, where there are two lanes to Riverway (which then become 3), one of the right lanes to stay on Park Dr lines up with the Riverway 3 lane segment? People are always cutting each other off. It's a horrible design.

The Globe has an update on the evaporation of the Wegmans deal. Basically, the updated Landmark renovation plans (building around and on top of the garage instead of demolishing it and starting from scratch) leave no room for major ground floor retail/Wegmans.

Not really new news, I know, but confirmation.

Now, I'm just looking forward to the "food hall" in the old Best Buy space. That's too good a spot to sit empty.

Fortunately, there's a Whole Foods and Shaw's within a few blocks of this development. And a target with some food options.

Back