45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

Province Spire or perhaps Soar! @ Province to get the papers in a tizzy?

360 Newbury is a good example - their marketing campaign was on "360 degree views" and kept the "360 degrees/views" theme relevant throughout the campaign - so it was kind of a twist.

I e-mailed my former colleague who works at Boston's big real estate branding shop the name "Shadow on the Commons" and told him it was more genius than anything his firm has ever come up with!

He replied "Hmm, get me the name of the person who posted it - he's hired"

"Shadow on the Commons" - too funny!

Oakview Green Ridge Estates at Stone Bridge Creek

He replied "Hmm, get me the name of the person who posted it - he's hired"

Toby will work as a consultant for :
1) Smokes and drinks;
2) Montecristo ultrafino hat;
3) Replacement for smashed 72 Citroen SM;
4) Gloster Meteor jet. (See www.edisposals.com)

Last edited:

How close to topping-out is the "Tower at 45 Province" ?

Westy

7/3, From two and a half miles out:

img3372hd1.jpg

img3398on0.jpg

Yeah, I've cleaned my lens since then.

This building certainly looks impressive to my eye -- to someone who has not been in downtown Boston for nearly two years the change to Province street is very dramatic:

45Province-4959.jpg

45Province-4970.jpg

I last saw this same view like this:

P1050164.jpg

45Province-4974.jpg

My hotel room certainly has a great view of 45 Province. :) I presume this is for elevators; it is rather unfortunate to see.

45Province-4952.jpg

It does look very impressive indeed. Even from the Hancock tower it is very noticeable.

So who wants to go in on a purchase with me? I can see it now... the Archboston suite :)

Ah. The view from inside the Parker House. About that elevator shaft, I was talking to one of the hard hats about how lame the exterior treatment is. He claimed that there would be some sort of faux window treatment further up. I hope so, but haven't seen evidence of it yet.

Open House on Sunday 1-4.

Prices from the low $700's.

how many of these have they sold/under agreement?

Ah. The view from inside the Parker House. About that elevator shaft, I was talking to one of the hard hats about how lame the exterior treatment is. He claimed that there would be some sort of faux window treatment further up. I hope so, but haven't seen evidence of it yet.

One example of great fake windows is on the Alraya Office Tower in Kuwait City, this side is blank concrete, but look how good the cladding is? Even better than normal windows on most towers, I would say.

raya2.jpg

And the left side here, only one actual window but the cladding makes it look like its wall to wall windows.

DSC02441.jpg

That said, those stainless steel panels don't look so bad, I wouldn't mind them and actually would be a good contrast to the terra cotta without stealing the show.

These illustrate the concern I have with the elevator bank. Perhaps only at these top stories will they introduce the faux windows:

45Province-5257.jpg

45Province-5264.jpg

45Province-5279.jpg

I think 45 Province Street will look even better had they add a spire similar to the illusion caused by the antennae from the Beacon Street Tower.

I remember thinking exactly that when I took the shot! Some illuminated art deco mast for mooring the "Hood Milk Blimp".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back